TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2014 Shelby GT500 Production

robertlane

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If GT500 production continues into December, it likely will be only for a day or two. If the supply of already-made Trinity motors awaiting chassis mating continues to exceed what's already scheduled through 11/27, it's by precious few if any. Convertible production already will have wrapped prior to the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.

It's especially important to remember scheduled production of any particular vehicle may not begin and end on the same calendar day. Some builds that will have begun Wednesday 11/27 are likely not to be complete before post-holiday work resumes on 12/2.

The current MY 2014 GT500 roster numbers 5,685. ANY further vehicles not already accounted-for, including any ceremonial "last few" Ford may have planned for charity auction, its own archives or key program contributors that may be scheduled to begin final assembly after the holiday weekend, are likely to be VERY few indeed - if any.

I was told convertible production stopped over 3 weeks ago and only coupes are being made. This came from Ford as I'm in the process of buyback from Ford on mine and another build was off the table since production had stopped, etc. I'm assuming if there's one being built currently, it's the charity one from B-J auction.

This was told to me by Ford and a few TS members that inquired on my behalf to see about an exact replacement of mine. Since then, I've only located 3 on the ground and may just go with Deep Impact Blue with white stripes.

I was told convertible production stopped over 3 weeks ago and only coupes are being made.

You were either told or understood incorrectly. The most recent Convertible was scheduled for just yesterday and more than 75 have been made during the past 3 weeks.

You're likely referring to the order banks which, for all GT500s, closed about 3 weeks ago.

Yes, I meant order banks. Ford couldn't squeak one in, neither could any of the many, many dealerships I checked in with, etc. The ones being built currently are all spoken for.

As of today, I'm going with DIB. Working with Sandy Springs Ford and looking forward to closing the chapter on this one and starting a new one.

Working with Sandy Springs Ford and looking forward to closing the chapter on this one and starting a new one.

Good luck! Sandy Springs is not known for willingness to compromise on their outrageous ADMs. (I hope you're not paying ADM...)

thanks!

paid slightly under for mine, not paying over msrp on the replacement. i'm actually losing money on the refund as i took a tax credit when i traded my M6 in on the white one. ford is giving back the tax i paid. i'm responsible for the full amount of tax on the new one.

i've been looking for another, on my own, and have a few lined up. i have to say that sandy springs has been a pleasure to deal with so far and not over sticker. they are trying to work with me as they understand i'm losing money on this refund, etc.

thanks!

paid slightly under for mine, not paying over msrp on the replacement... i have to say that sandy springs has been a pleasure to deal with so far and not over sticker. they are trying to work with me as they understand i'm losing money on this refund, etc.

Good for you! Congratulations!

They were totally inflexible when I contacted them a year ago, but times (and demand) have changed a bit. Sounds like that reality finally hit Sandy Springs.

I think it hit most of them that were asking over MSRP. Still a few advertised over sticker, but they are negotiable due to what you mentioned above, etc.

It's been exhausting to say the least, especially trying to locate an exact match to mine - white/blue fully loaded. That's why I'm going with DIB and with all likeliness, Sandy Springs.

Stay tuned!! - as they say, for the full post on what transpired since taking delivery of the white one.

Well, despite 373 Blue on White 2014s made, only 9 were fully-optioned - with or without the Car Cover which you could always order later. No state received any more than one, but like cars were made for stores in AL, VA, KS, MI, NY, WI, PA, GA, and IN.

I was at the local Ford dealership yesterday and they have 2 '14 cars in the showroom. One is identical to Norton's '13 and the other was grey with ghost grey stripes and black interior. The grey car looked amazing. Never seen that combo before. I still get a kick every time I look under the hood of the 13 & 14 cars compared to my 09 and wonder how did they shoehorn that monstrous 5.8 liter in there? I know it is only .4 liters larger, but the engine looks huge compared to the 5.4.

Pardon my previous post. I cited coupes, not convertibles. Ironically, as a species, far more Convertibles are fully-optioned than Coupes. It'd be a shame for you to be locked into dealing with a store of their ilk, especially with prices softening in lieu of the bumper crop of '14s Ford made.

Though you'd be playing Russian roulette in terms of the exact color and options you may want, the hoarders and gougers who bought up so many surrounding allocations will soon find themselves with massive back holes on their floorplans as stores that down own their inventory outright start incurring huge carrying costs, and especially with alternatives like C7 available for much less in many cases.

Most die-hard faithful made their GT500 swan song plans long ago. I suspect far fewer customers remain who are willing to pay an egregious premium at this point. It'd be nice to think Ford built so many, at least in part, to give its hoarders and gougers a little high colonic for not putting as much product in buyers' hands as possible.

Yes, I meant order banks. Ford couldn't squeak one in, neither could any of the many, many dealerships I checked in with, etc. The ones being built currently are all spoken for.

As of today, I'm going with DIB. Working with Sandy Springs Ford and looking forward to closing the chapter on this one and starting a new one.

Sandy Springs Ford is a pain to deal with....they are about 2 miles from my house. I know a dealer just a few miles (5) north of here, and the GM is a friend of mine. I know he has one on the floor there and may could trade out with SS Ford and cut you a better deal.

PM me and I'll see if it is something that would work for you. Todd just sold a Taurus to my parents and is a really great guy...just spoke to him Friday....

Andy.

I was at the local Ford dealership yesterday and they have 2 '14 cars in the showroom. One is identical to Norton's '13 and the other was grey with ghost grey stripes and black interior. The grey car looked amazing. Never seen that combo before. I still get a kick every time I look under the hood of the 13 & 14 cars compared to my 09 and wonder how did they shoehorn that monstrous 5.8 liter in there? I know it is only .4 liters larger, but the engine looks huge compared to the 5.4.

The grey one sounds interesting. Since "ghost grey stripes" weren't a stock/factory option, however, they must be an aftermarket add-on.

Most die-hard faithful made their GT500 swan song plans long ago. I suspect far fewer customers remain who are willing to pay an egregious premium at this point. It'd be nice to think Ford built so many, at least in part, to give its hoarders and gougers a little high colonic for not putting as much product in buyers' hands as possible.

That is, indeed, very nice to think!

Thanks for the input! Much appreciated. I wanted to replace mine with an exact white/blue. Dealing with the dealers that have the few ones out there has driven me nuts... That's why I'm going with blue/white as of Friday. I contacted a few stocking dealers, some were smoking crack....lol.

Thanks for the input! Much appreciated. I wanted to replace mine with an exact white/blue. Dealing with the dealers that have the few ones out there has driven me nuts... That's why I'm going with blue/white as of Friday. I contacted a few stocking dealers, some were smoking crack....lol.

I'll PM you a roster of all like cars made - including any in the pipe that won't yet show in dealers' inventories or trade systems. Those are the ones to go after - especially if you can come to terms even before they take it into stock.

The last production 5.8L motor rolled off the Niche line yesterday. According to the VIn is is destined for the GHIG GT500.

I know the rumors are thick as the earths crust re: the next gen GT500 motor. Do you have any feel that they will continue the 5.8 in the future car and continue the line? Of course there may also be a "Niche" replacement.. Thanks for any insight.

Archived