TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Nitto NT01 review

frazierfreud

I loved the nittos. I had tons of grip. it took me awhile to get comfortable pushing these tires. way more grip than I am used to with my bfgoodrich g-force kdw nt. I dropped my fastest lap time by 8 seconds and moved up to blue solo! other than some stuff breaking (intercooler pump and brake pad issues), I had a very good track weekend!

I loved the nittos. I had tons of grip. it took me awhile to get comfortable pushing these tires. way more grip than I am used to with my bfgoodrich g-force kdw nt. I dropped my fastest lap time by 8 seconds and moved up to blue solo! other than some stuff breaking (intercooler pump and brake pad issues), I had a very good track weekend!

8 seconds a lap! Very impressive!

Mark

• 3 months later...

frazier...do you use the NT01s for strictly track use, meaning do you put them on at the track, or do you also use them for daily driving? I am thinking of either getting NT01s or NT05s but don't want to have track dedicated wheels and tires.

frazier...do you use the NT01s for strictly track use, meaning do you put them on at the track, or do you also use them for daily driving? I am thinking of either getting NT01s or NT05s but don't want to have track dedicated wheels and tires.

The nt01 are on my old stock 18" rims. This is a dedicated track tire/wheel set up. I've had a set of nt05 before. The nt01 have much better traction than the nt05. You wouldn't want to drive the nt01 in the rain though...not good as a daily driver. Once you have sticky tires at the track you won't go back!

• 1 month later...

I am trying to put together my track wheel/tire package now.

What size NT01's are you running?

What 18" wheel package are you running? I am having a hard time getting anyone to commit the 18's will clear the rotors in the 2014 GT500...

Pictures of them installed?

What 18" wheel package are you running? I am having a hard time getting anyone to commit the 18's will clear the rotors in the 2014 GT500...

I have 18" Alcoa KR wheels on my 2010 and run the Shelby/Baer big brakes with no problem at all.

Phill

I haven't put the 18" wheels / nittos on the 13' gt500 yet. I ran this combo on my 09' gt500. I need to go ahead and change out the stock brake fluid anyway. I may check it out this weekend. if I do, I will post a pic of the 18" on the 13' gt500.

Archived