TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby or a Boss

cleghornm

Correct if you are mostly interested in power then keep the big bad boy. Each car has its strengths and both drive very differently and I enjoy them both. Some of the features I like better on the Boss are the feel of the road, handling, higher redline, and sound is better with the side dumps...again different people will agree and many will disagree. But there is no question that the GT500 has more power and more torque..

I think if you asked the same question on the Boss forum they would be talking up the Boss's and would not be as excited about the Shelbys. Just depends on what you are looking for.and what you think is important for your ride. Just my 2 cents and that is all it is worth because each person has to make up their own mind.

If your asking I am assuming there is something you do not like about the GT500? If I already had a 2013 GT500 I would not trade it for a Boss. If you did not own a Mustang and were deciding between the 2 it would be a hard choice IMO, I love the Boss. If I did not have so much into my car I would have traded it for one already.

I would not call the Boss a Minion of the GT500, that is a closed minded comment, if something the Regular GT is its Minion and the GT500 is in a different class all togther. They are both Great Cars, but they serve different purposes, at least stock they do.

If I had money and garage space, I'd definitely purchase the Boss 302. I've gotten bitten by the track bug, and would love to have a super track car. I've taken my SGT out there once and about to do it again in January with the same group, but I'm a little nervous with a convertible and really don't want to mess up my SGT....not that I'd want to mess up a Boss 302 either.

I agree, the GT500 has more creature comforts, but that is not why I would drive either car...you can always add navigation if you wanted.

If I were out to buy one now, it would definitely be the 2013 Boss 302 over the GT500 for me....again, for me. :hide:

I considered giving up my 2008 SGT Convertible for a 2013 Race Red Boss 302, but I just couldn't let go of my own keys. Ever since I was a teenager with my first 1968 Mustang in 1984, I always dreamed of owning a Shelby GT350....and my SGT is about as close as it comes to that original version.

Andy.

I've had a Boss 302 for all but 13 of the last 42 years so I've got Boss DNA in my blood. Having said that, I wouldn't trade my GT500 for a Boss if there was 10 grand under the seat of the Boss. I am a straight liner not into road racing.

I have an opportunity to get a 2013 Boss 302, I currently own a 2013 GtT500 fully loaded, Would anyone here switch from the Shelby to the boss?

Having a GT500 in the garage (08 & 09 KR's) as well as a 2012 B2, the answer is no....

Not a slight toward the B2, but if you can only have one, and that one is a 662hp GT500....well, you see where i'm at.

Having a GT500 in the garage (08 & 09 KR's) as well as a 2012 B2, the answer is no....

Not a slight toward the B2, but if you can only have one, and that one is a 662hp GT500....well, you see where i'm at.

Amen!!! 662 HP trumps everything.

You can put a blower in the Boss to achieve over 800+ WHP in the Boss' stock engine. The only limitation is the fuel system. Once that is upgraded, 1200+ can be pushed through the stock engine due to its superior rods. It's a fine machine.

I am sure you are right about the power upgrade possibilities but wouldn't the trans and diff fail if exposed to that kind of HP? By the time you beef those items up you may as well just get a Shelby. I love both eras of Bosses (currently have a 70) and hope to get a 13 someday but if I had to choose one or the other I'll keep my 14 Shelby.

You can put a blower in the Boss to achieve over 800+ WHP in the Boss' stock engine. The only limitation is the fuel system. Once that is upgraded, 1200+ can be pushed through the stock engine due to its superior rods. It's a fine machine.

I am sure you are right about the power upgrade possibilities but wouldn't the trans and diff fail if exposed to that kind of HP? By the time you beef those items up you may as well just get a Shelby. I love both eras of Bosses (currently have a 70) and hope to get a 13 someday but if I had to choose one or the other I'll keep my 14 Shelby.

Are the Boss rods superior to the GT500? Haven't heard this. Yes you can make the Boss a monster but after all that you have the power of a stock GT500 and no warranty. Doesn't seem worth it.

Yes, the Boss rods are forged steel H-beams of higher durability than the GT500's or any other stock vehicle. The Boss motor can handle more boost stock vs stock. But put aftermarket high-quality rods in the GT500 5.4/5.8, its potential will be even more than the Boss.

Archived