TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Supercharger Issues!!! Need resolved ASAP

Good morning everyone. Well yesterday I installed my VMP pulley and idler. When I began to install the pulley the screw snapped inside the supercharger shaft. I contacted VMP and was told to drill it out which I tried to no success. The pulley is on most of the way and have less than 1/4" more to go on. What would be the most efficient or easiest way to put this on? If any of you are in the Jacksonville FL area and would like to come by and show me how to get this thing on then I'm buying the beers. I'm stomped and really would like to get this on without tearing apart the supercharger to install on a press. Any suggestions????

Yeah i thought that would be the case. I'm trying one las technique before going that route. maybe i can get it on all the way by heating it up for a lil while in the oven. is so i'm good till and then i can coordinate to have it swapped on my next off day. i gotta get this repaired before the morning lol.

Got it machined out and now issue number 2. My tune from VMP wont take. Keeps saying my stock tune is corrupted. I can't win for losing. lol. VMP actually responded to my email today so I will try some of the troubleshooting techniques they told me about once I'm off from work. I will also be calling SCT tomorrow for further info.

My issue is fixed. The machinist at RPM drilled out the broken bolt from the shaft then rethreaded it. Now what baffles me is that when he put the 2.59 pulley on, he didn't make it flush with the supercharger shaft. Is that normal? It sticks out a 1/8" off the from the beginning of the shaft. He told me that is normal due to if he made it flush the back of the pulley would make contact with the housing of the supercharger. Now is this wrong cause I recall that when the stock pulley was on it sat flush with the shaft. Can someone fill me in on this? Should I go ahead and push this pulley flush or leave it as is?

He told me that is normal due to if he made it flush the back of the pulley would make contact with the housing of the supercharger.

It should be flush or within 1/32" further back. Depends on the pulley and/or the blower. A 2.59 fits just fine with no contact with the blower housing. Unless the shaft is pushed back into the housing. That can happen. Did you bang or push on it when you said you were going to heat it up to get it on by morning? That could have pushed it back. If so, it needs to be pressed forward.

Steve

Archived