TEAM SHELBY FORUM

An Open Letter From Shelby American to ALL Team Shelby Users

RichS

The intent and spirit of Team Shelby is, and has always been, to inspire and promote enthusiasm for Carroll Shelby’s legacy and automotive creations. We are fortunate to have a loyal user base that regularly post and visit, and we all enjoy a site that contains such useful contributions as tech articles and reviews, parts installation threads, event announcements, and many other items of value to the Shelby user community.

Where we always strive to differ from the average Internet forum is in our behavior and overall approachability. We believe that, unlike many other enthusiast Internet forums, Team Shelby has historically been a “safe haven” for the new user, an avenue to find information and share the passion, without being treated as a “newbie”, an environment where personal attacks and negativity are not tolerated. Our rules and enforcement have been deliberately forgiving, as we believe in our user base to self-monitor the tone of the discussions here. We are proud to be able to have an extremely relaxed environment with VERY LITTLE corporate involvement or interference on SA’s part. However, we feel the need to restate to everyone that we DO require adherence to the official Terms Of Service every user agrees to when first registering for this site:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

We also would like to remind everyone that this site is the property of Shelby American, and members are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that respects our contribution. Shelby American, as the sole owner and operator of this site, reserves the right to remove all posts that disparage or defame SAI, CSL, CSI, and/or any officer, director, management, or staff. While we understand that users may have a need to communicate negative information to SA, we feel that warrants a direct communication with our company, as opposed to public posting.

It is important to follow these guidelines so we can maintain and build our community, and keep Carroll’s original intentions for Team Shelby intact: an encouraging, thoughtful, fun group for people who want to celebrate great history, fast cars, and build relationships with their fellow enthusiasts.

Thank you all for your continued support.

agreed! It's a shame that someone would have to post something like this , it should be understood! :clapping:

^ What he said!!!

When I log onto this site its like walking into "Cheers", when everyone looks up and yells NORM!!!! It's my Shelby family. That said, there are times where I might want to give my 'brother' a good smack on the back of the head, but that's not the same as in-fighting or disrespecting anyone. Family watches out for each other, and takes care of each other.

Z-man

I'm new here I knew Team Shelby was a tight family where everyone looks out for each other that why I'm here I was tired of getting trashed talk who has a better car or who has more power. I'm here to make car friends no matter what kind of Mustang they have everyone should have pride to drive a car that is a American Legend. I hope I learn from you guy/girls who ever and maybe learn from me. So glade to be here and you all of you have a great weekend.

The first thing I do in the morning and last thing at night is to vist this site I dont post very much but love to read everything that you guys post Great site and wonderful people I am going in for a triple heart bypass on Tuesday and when I wake up the first thing I will do is go on this site and see what I have missed

Regards Rob Hodge

I thought it was remove your legs from the equation completely, and lift with your back using a jerking, twisting motion...??

:hysterical2: .....................says SCkid from his hospital bed. All the best with the move you all. Really looking forward to the grand opening.

The first thing I do in the morning and last thing at night is to vist this site I dont post very much but love to read everything that you guys post Great site and wonderful people I am going in for a triple heart bypass on Tuesday and when I wake up the first thing I will do is go on this site and see what I have missed

Regards Rob Hodge

Rob,

Best wishes from all of us at Shelby for a successful operation and a speedy recovery! Be sure to keep us informed!

Jer

Wait, does that mean no more smack talk about Jer? :flirt:

We love you buddy! Happy moves, lift with the legs, not the back my friend!

Ha... thanks, buddy!

Jer

What ever prompted the letter I guess I missed. I'm on here several times per day and have always been treated great by everyone. This is surely my second home. Thank you SA.

Regards Rob Hodge

Rob,

Best wishes from all of us at Shelby for a successful operation and a speedy recovery! Be sure to keep us informed!

Jer

+1...

Regards Rob Hodge

Ditto that Rob....I check first and last thing each day, and sometimes in between at lunch.

God sped with that surgery on Tuesday!!!

We will be praying for you!

Andy.

couldn't agree more with Z man. although we do have one member who just won't let the KR wheel thing go!!!! Ed

Wait a cotton pickin minute!

Those look like KR wheels to me on your car....I knew they looked familiar. (just like the ones on my SGT....also with KR mufflers!)

By the way, they look great!!

Andy.

Edited by AndyGJ

What ever prompted the letter I guess I missed. I'm on here several times per day and have always been treated great by everyone. This is surely my second home. Thank you SA.

I believe it had to do with a few people complaining about SAI Customer Service in a Thread about the new 2015 Mustang. I noticed that all those Posts are now gone. It's all cool. Party On Garth.

Let's not waste time or energy on gossip or guessing.

We wanted to state our position on the matter, we did, and now we can all get back to having fun with great cars, great friends, and great times (to paraphrase Jon Westercamp).

Jer

Regards Rob Hodge

Rob, I hope all goes well for you, God be with you.

I tend to be oblivious to the negativity until it gets to the point where it is hard to miss (like that oil separator thread that I made fun of... Don't forget to vote!). I will say that rarely do I see comments from people who participate on this forum that are not positive or not above board which is why I like hanging out here. I've seen many forums where people don't know how to act nor do they have respect for each other. Its nice to know you have a common bond with good people who share the same passion and can get along 99% of the time even when opinions differ. I've learned a lot about my GT500 from being a regular on the forum and only regret is I have not met any of you in person. Maybe one day.

+1 on checking in the morning and in the evening.