TEAM SHELBY FORUM

!966 GT350H for sale

standard.jpg

Not mine; mentioned on the Secret Car Club ListOfFancyCarsForSale:

"

Chris@SecretCarClub.com

NEW

1966 Shelby Mustang GT350H
This is a documented original car in the Shelby Registry.
Numbers matching, with a completely rebuilt drive train.
Price includes a Paxton Supercharger installed by the original owner.
Numerous award winner.
US $130,000 o.b.o

"

standard.jpg

Not mine; mentioned on the Secret Car Club ListOfFancyCarsForSale:

"

Chris@SecretCarClub.com

NEW

1966 Shelby Mustang GT350H

This is a documented original car in the Shelby Registry.

Numbers matching, with a completely rebuilt drive train.

Price includes a Paxton Supercharger installed by the original owner.

Numerous award winner.

US $130,000 o.b.o

"

There you go, SC installed by owner does not seem to hurt or inflate the price. So much for that debate about SA installed and owner installed. OK I know this is 1st generation and 2nd generation will most likely never be worth what 1st generations are. Just something to ponder on as there always seem to be that discussion from time to time. Wish I had the liquid cash. Great book end.

There you go, SC installed by owner does not seem to hurt or inflate the price. So much for that debate about SA installed and owner installed. OK I know this is 1st generation and 2nd generation will most likely never be worth what 1st generations are. Just something to ponder on as there always seem to be that discussion from time to time. Wish I had the liquid cash. Great book end.

Touche!!

I do hope there is an after life, if for no other reason (!) than to see what my baby is worth in 2054. ;)

I've never seen a bonnet like that with the HERTZ COBRA on it. Kind of neat, but obviously nothing original.

As for the automatic - don't knock it until you have driven one of these in stock Shelby configuration. I think you would surprised how much fun they are with those neck breaking shifts at redline. Yes, there were manuals on the early ones out, but they quickly spelled trouble for Hertz maintenance so they specified the remainder of the build to be automatic only. They used a beefed up C4 with a shift kit for the automatic Shelbys and K codes. Very neat 3 speed transmissions.

I've never seen a bonnet like that with the HERTZ COBRA on it. Kind of neat, but obviously nothing original.

As for the automatic - don't knock it until you have driven one of these in stock Shelby configuration. I think you would surprised how much fun they are with those neck breaking shifts at redline. Yes, there were manuals on the early ones out, but they quickly spelled trouble for Hertz maintenance so they specified the remainder of the build to be automatic only. They used a beefed up C4 with a shift kit for the automatic Shelbys and K codes. Very neat 3 speed transmissions.

Actually in 1966, 17 Shelby GT350's were built with Paxton SC's. I don't know if that Hertz car came from the factory with the SC. Most SC's were installed by owners or dealers. In 2007, there were 47 factory installed Paxton SC's. Don't quote me on the exact number, but I think I'm close.

Actually in 1966, 17 Shelby GT350's were built with Paxton SC's. I don't know if that Hertz car came from the factory with the SC. Most SC's were installed by owners or dealers. In 2007, there were 47 factory installed Paxton SC's. Don't quote me on the exact number, but I think I'm close.

Hey Dave, I have to ask, the 47ish count, is that Hertz cars or are you including the SGTs as well? My count on the Hertz cars is much lower. Thanks.

Nice GT350H but the originals did not come from the factory with Koni shocks or Paxtons. Those would have been installed by an owner. Paxton color is not correct for 66-68. No date code on the radiator. Possibly a replacement. Also, the wiring wraps are a later add on.

Very pretty Shelby. And autos with a Paxton really move as was shown in the early car magazine tests.

Archived