TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2014 Shelby Bash?

AmericanV-twin

Here's the topic in the Pacific Region where it has been being discussed. Yes there will be a Bash for 2014. It will be the Monday-Wednesday of the same week as the 50th celebration which starts Wednesday evening. It will be a scaled down event without a track event (at least at this point) since there will be track time during the 50th. More details will follow in the coming weeks.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/83056-save-the-date-april-14th-16th-las-vegas-nv-2014-bash/?hl=bash

the Shelby Bash should be a separate event from the 50th! After recent events I am quite disgusted with the MCA and would rather avoid their events until they learn how to run them properly

Here's the topic in the Pacific Region where it has been being discussed. Yes there will be a Bash for 2014. It will be the Monday-Wednesday of the same week as the 50th celebration which starts Wednesday evening. It will be a scaled down event without a track event (at least at this point) since there will be track time during the 50th. More details will follow in the coming weeks.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/83056-save-the-date-april-14th-16th-las-vegas-nv-2014-bash/?hl=bash

Thank you!

• I'm with Shelby 39, the events should be separate. I've only attended two Bashes and I've enjoyed the hell out of them!! But, where as the car show/bbq and the Banquete etc. are the "cake"... Spring Mountain and the track element is the "icing". Some may say the Bash is about Honoring the Great Man...and I concur, I just wanta do it 2 days on the track in the great mans car, at the Bash.
  •  

the Shelby Bash should be a separate event from the 50th! After recent events I am quite disgusted with the MCA and would rather avoid their events until they learn how to run them properly

The BASH is a separate event, it just happens to precede the Mustang 50th.

Wow, the 50th will be my first MCA event. I hope I am not disappointed.

Ok, since you (or I) brought it up (track time) I'm going to go out on a limb and ask what people would like to see. I don't think anything is fully set in stone right now, so what do people want to accomplish in two and a half days?

The thoughts right now are:

Monday: Drive from CA to LV (MM's event)

Evening event at the new SA (similar to Guitar Center like event at the past Bashes)

Tuesday: Extended poker run (encompass much of the day for us to get out and drive our cars probably 250+ miles)

Evening more formal type dinner and silent auction, door prizes, etc.)

Wednesday: Possible small car show at the new SA or similar event, possible private auto collection tours early afternoon. Bash end afternoon, so that people can register and continue with the 50th events.

This is just a basic layout which we have been discussing. Would people really rather have a track day as part of the Bash and also the track day's with the 50th? I don't know if it would even be possible to get any track time on Tuesday or Wednesday but if there is an overwhealming number of people who would like to see that, I suppose it would not be completely out of the question, but it certainly would increase cost etc, when there is already track time with the 50th event. That would also be a lot of possible wear and tear on the cars for guys who just do this once or twice a year. That much track time would require spares (tires, brakes, etc.) for many of us who push that hard. So just think about that, and again, I don't know if it would even be possible in any track scheduling at this point.

Ok, since you (or I) brought it up (track time) I'm going to go out on a limb and ask what people would like to see. I don't think anything is fully set in stone right now, so what do people want to accomplish in two and a half days?

The thoughts right now are:

Monday: Drive from CA to LV (MM's event)

Evening event at the new SA (similar to Guitar Center like event at the past Bashes)

Tuesday: Extended poker run (encompass much of the day for us to get out and drive our cars probably 250+ miles)

Evening more formal type dinner and silent auction, door prizes, etc.)

Wednesday: Possible small car show at the new SA or similar event, possible private auto collection tours early afternoon. Bash end afternoon, so that people can register and continue with the 50th events.

This is just a basic layout which we have been discussing. Would people really rather have a track day as part of the Bash and also the track day's with the 50th? I don't know if it would even be possible to get any track time on Tuesday or Wednesday but if there is an overwhealming number of people who would like to see that, I suppose it would not be completely out of the question, but it certainly would increase cost etc, when there is already track time with the 50th event. That would also be a lot of possible wear and tear on the cars for guys who just do this once or twice a year. That much track time would require spares (tires, brakes, etc.) for many of us who push that hard. So just think about that, and again, I don't know if it would even be possible in any track scheduling at this point.

Thanks for asking and taking into consideration every ones ideas. I am hoping to attend the Bash but am registered for the 50th. So I hope to make it a car week. I will go with the flow, just wanted to say thanks for the efforts on this. Know that you cannot please all. GL & go TS.

Sorry Jer, I'm just an ordinary guy...retired, fixed income etc-etc who owns a truly extraordinary car....... I honestly can't afford both events...not interested in the 50th and with out the track element at the bash, I think I'll sit this one out this coming year.... wishin you guys continued success!

Wow, the 50th will be my first MCA event. I hope I am not disappointed.

This event will be a huge, one of kind type event. It will be a totally different than a relatively small Shelby Bash.

I’m going to experience the once in my lifetime 50th.

I’ve been to one MCA event and it was ok. They tend to be very “club centric”. There are many individual clubs that attend each event. They don’t mix much with a new guy.

In the Shelby events we are all one club so it’s more inclusive. This MCA event will be so big your club won’t matter. It will be all about Mustangs, thousands of Mustangs...

:yahoo: Vegas and Shelby what more does one need??? i have been to a few bash's with and with out a car, and with and without a track event, and regardless whether there is a track event it's still awsome to hangout with old friends and make new ones even tho i am 1 shy sob :whistling: some of you will be friends and fiens for life... :victory:

I personally think it is a rotten deal that we had to choose which site with MCA. I chose Charlotte because we always go to LV for the Bash. They said the Bash was not happening this year. Now it is. Thanks for the late notice. I am very disappointed that it is piggy backed with the 50th :-(

This event will be a huge, one of kind type event. It will be a totally different than a relatively small Shelby Bash.

I’ve been to one MCA event and it was ok. They tend to be very “club centric”. There are many individual clubs that attend each event. They don’t mix much with a new guy.

In the Shelby events we are all one club so it’s more inclusive. This MCA event will be so big your club won’t matter. It will be all about Mustangs, thousands of Mustangs...

:yup:

Which Shelby you bringing?............Decissions, decissions :future:

Thanks Torch. Ya my thoughts is a once in a lifetime 50th event. So I do not want to miss it. The scaled down Bash will be a nice prelude. I do hope TS will get involved in the M.O.R.E. program once set up for Vegas event. All TS members can park together.

I personally think it is a rotten deal that we had to choose which site with MCA. I chose Charlotte because we always go to LV for the Bash. They said the Bash was not happening this year. Now it is. Thanks for the late notice. I am very disappointed that it is piggy backed with the 50th :-(

Who is "they"? MCA?

Steve

Thanks Torch. Ya my thoughts is a once in a lifetime 50th event. So I do not want to miss it. The scaled down Bash will be a nice prelude. I do hope TS will get involved in the M.O.R.E. program once set up for Vegas event. All TS members can park together.

Harald,

would you like to take the lead and set this up?

let me know the details and I will coordinate with SAI.

Thank you

MM

Sherri

I am sorry that "they" gave you bad info.

The Bash is a tradition now and it makes sense to coordinate the activities for those that want to attend both events..

It has been reported that you can change from Charlotte to LV in the MCA without penalty.

Hope to see you in LV.

MM

Why not the 65? Is it because of the Shelby Bash?

Hey Dennis,

Yep, I'd like to have one of the Shelby's there for the Bash........two birds, one stone kinda thing. Besides, if there's a car show, my 65 won't win against your 65 :worship:

Hey Dennis,

Yep, I'd like to have one of the Shelby's there for the Bash........two birds, one stone kinda thing. Besides, if there's a car show, my 65 won't win against your 65 :worship:

I understand. After all, it is a win, win choice for you. You are too kind. To tell you the truth, I think your 65 is a beautiful stang and would win against any 65 out there! I am hoping that somehow, I can go on this Bash/50th trip. Only time will tell for me.

Archived