TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bought the KR a big brother

Wyobrit

Brought home a 2013 Raptor to keep the KR company! Introduced them carefully but looks like they are going to get on just fine!attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

I bought a 2012 Raptor to keep my 2010 GT500 company.

The Raptor gets WAY more attention than the Shelby gets. I get constant compliments on the Raptor and less on the GT500.

Except for when I took my GT500 to Cali. People went crazy over it out there.

Strange....

Phill

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I really couldn't be much happier. Put about 4000 miles on it so far, with a good part being off road,it is a truly exceptional vehicle even on the worst washboard, most of the time it feels like you are still on the highway. The off-road mode is amazing and the front camera system and diff lock are really superb when boulder climbing up what used to be the road to our place in Colorado. Towed a flat bed trailer with the KR on it and it did so with ease. The 6.2 is a lovely torquey engine and makes all the right noises and the trans is the smoothest shifting with the best logic patterns that I have driven in a domestic vehicle, right up there with the best from ZF and Mercedes. I am averaging 13.7 since picking it up, and it is still improving, with a best on highway of 17.5 running to Denver and back this week. The interior is huge and comfy with my kids preferring to travel in the Raptor than in my wife's Escalade! Quality wise I am really impressed Ford has made some huge strides the last couple of years, Now if I could just bring myself to sell a couple of cars in my collection and send this thing to SAI , I'm almost there, but really don't want that ugly interior they put in......

Glad to hear all the positives. I will be in the market this spring for one. I don't think I would consider the Shelby conversion at this point either. I love the current factory interior. Sounds like the truck is plenty capable to do a lot of things. Thanks for the feedback. Your opinion solidified my decision .

I have to add my 2 cents as well, the raptor is simply the best truck I've ever owned....and I have owned many. the only complaint is gas mileage, but you cant have it all. You won't regret getting this thing, I have owned mine for about 3 years now and still love it like it was brand new.

You are probably already aware of this but finding a Raptor is about as hard as a GT 500. The Dealerships in Denver ( particularly Phil Long) were a joke all wanting 5000 to 10000 ADM and the local guy, Spradley in Cheyenne told me 2000 ADM and six months. Ended up buying from Fremont motors in Scottsbluff NE for 3500 under MSRP, I know it is a long way from you but well worth considering, great service in every way. It took 3 weeks of shopping but definitely worth the savings!

Thanks for the advice. I will see what my dealer can do. I am actually headed there tomorrow as it is the best day to buy a car all year. If I order a 14, it should arrive by spring which is fine. I have bought many Fords from my dealer so I hope he treats me right. If they insist on any type of ADM, I may pursue other options or even look at a EB F150.

Thanks for the advice. I will see what my dealer can do. I am actually headed there tomorrow as it is the best day to buy a car all year. If I order a 14, it should arrive by spring which is fine. I have bought many Fords from my dealer so I hope he treats me right. If they insist on any type of ADM, I may pursue other options or even look at a EB F150.

The Raptor and EB F-150 are night and day difference.

I thought the same last month when I traded my F-250.

Drove the EB and then the Raptor. Was sold instantly.

Great truck, fun to drive and smooth ride.

And it is very capable on and off road.

+1 I traded an eco boost for the raptor...best decision I could have made!! Night and DAY!!

Ditto.

Wish I wouldn't a spent the money on the '11 before buying the '12 Raptor and saved myself $20K!!!

Phill

#20 OFFLINE Wyobrit

Team Shelby New Member

Mountain Region

20 posts

Joined 21-September 13

Region:Mountain

Interests:Anything with 2, 3 or 4 wheels

Posted Today, 12:58 AM

Bill, no disrespect in anyway meant by this, but if you are considering an EB, do not drive a Raptor first! It is like comparing a V6 mustang to a GT500..... Not sure I need to add anything further!

Like This

wyobrit,none taken at all. I actually did drive both trucks today. I drove a 2013 King Ranch EB. Super nice truck. I just personally don't need all the luxury this truck offered. . This truck as equipped could haul over 10k lbs! Impressive. Out the door $42k. Then I drove the Raptor. WOW!. I knew this truck was special but had know idea how refined it is. This was a 2012 white/ black interior Supercrew. Fully loaded. I drove it in traffic and on the highway. I had 2 thumbs up in 5 miles. There is no looking back now. The funny thing about this truck, it was $45k new and they want $47k now. This has to be the only truck that appreciates in value. I prefer silver/black and will wait for the right truck. My dealer did locate one about 100 miles from me. The dealer would not part with it. I am headed up this weekend to look at it. It is a 2013 model. Thanks for everyone 's advice. You guys are bang on. Happy New Year to all my Shelby brothers and sisters.

Then I drove the Raptor. WOW!. I knew this truck was special but had know idea how refined it is. This was a 2012 white/ black interior Supercrew. Fully loaded. I drove it in traffic and on the highway. I had 2 thumbs up in 5 miles.

Yep!

My Raptor gets WAY more attention than my Shelby GT500 does. The truck draws crowds when I'm filling it up at gas stations. Literally.

Phill

Yep!

My Raptor gets WAY more attention than my Shelby GT500 does. The truck draws crowds when I'm filling it up at gas stations. Literally.

Phill

So true....and I think that is because Mustangs (don't kill me for saying this), to the untrained eye, don't look massively different from a V6 to a GT500. A Raptor, however, looks like nothing else on the road. It's unmistakable.

Very good point. The big difference to me is in the exhaust note between the V6 and gt500. To the untrained eye, you are probably correct. The Raptor is just plain in your face. As I owned a 08 F250, the Raptor felt as big. That was my only issue. The thing is big. Has anyone driven one off road in loose sand or mud? I have taken my Expedition to the outer banks and had absolutely no problem in the sand. I would love to take it off road on occasion and really push it.

I took mine to the local Raptor Roundup after 1 week of owning it.

It was held at VORE and all owners were able to drive their own trucks on the dirt track that have there.

Lots of hills, jumps, corners and dirt.

7 days off the showroom, hitting jumps with all 4 wheels off the ground, and back on the street riding like a dream.

I think the Raptor can handle just about anything.

You will have no problem in loose sand or mud.

Might want to check out fordraptor.com too.

Archived