TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need Help! Lights Out on Gauge Pack

Hi Guys,

I have one of the '07 SGT-California's that came with the 3 Gauge Pack that's mounted on top of the dash board.

I noticed that the lights were out on all three gauges, driving home tonight.

Does anybody know how Shelby wired these up? I assume that each gauge has its own light bulb. So, maybe the fuse has blown.

All other instrument lights are functioning properly. I don't believe that the gauges are on the same circuit as the other instrument lights, since the gauge lights don't dim when the dimmer wheel is rotated.

Has anybody replaced the bulbs or fuses before?

Jer? Do you guys have the wiring diagram for this?

Thanks in advance!!!

Check your ground wire.Interesting your gauge pod lights don't dim with your instrument lights. When I installed my gauge pod the instructions had me wire them in with the dash lights.

When my 3 gauge lights failed to work, I tried the simplest test. I turned the interior light intensity adjustment dial on the dash and they came on! They are either on or off, no intensity variation. I had to set the dial to almost full intensity, just before the dial clicked to off!. I assume this is necessary as they are wired in with the standard dash lights and need to draw full current. I had to do the check at night in order to see the gauge lights as they are not very strong.

As SLYGRAY1 suggested the instructions call for the lights to be wired into the light switch and that means they get the use of the dinner switch.

I also think you should check the ground to make sure it is still intact...

It's a small wiretap installed behind the headlight switch panel. It can be pried out and checked for a physical disconnection...

Call me if you don't find anything obvious.

Jer

It's a small wiretap installed behind the headlight switch panel. It can be pried out and checked for a physical disconnection...

Call me if you don't find anything obvious.

Jer

I finally got a chance to pop out the headlight switch assembly. The wire to the gauge pod had come unplugged from the splicer piece.

The colors were was just as slygray1 stated. The wire that went off to the gauge pod was white and the splice assembly was crimped onto the black with a yellow tracer wire.

Thanks, again, all and Team Shelby for having this forum to provide the mechanism to resolve issues!!!

I finally got a chance to pop out the headlight switch assembly. The wire to the gauge pod had come unplugged from the splicer piece.

The colors were was just as slygray1 stated. The wire that went off to the gauge pod was white and the splice assembly was crimped onto the black with a yellow tracer wire.

Thanks, again, all and Team Shelby for having this forum to provide the mechanism to resolve issues!!!

Very cool!

Archived