TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Brake duct kit for SGT

Drendi

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. We are redesigning the front bezels right now. I expect to offer it early in 2014.

Jer

Yes. We are redesigning the front bezels right now. I expect to offer it early in 2014.

Jer

Jer,

Will the new system be compatible with the older system or are those of us with the older setup going to need a new bumper cover? Very excited for the new setup if it works with a supercharged car.

My four design goals for the new bezels:

1. Must look "classic cool SGT".

2. Must clear intercoolers.

3. Better lighting.

4. Must retrofit into the exact space as the older bezels, so folks can upgrade easily.

Jer

My four design goals for the new bezels:

1. Must look "classic cool SGT".

2. Must clear intercoolers.

3. Better lighting.

4. Must retrofit into the exact space as the older bezels, so folks can upgrade easily.

Jer

If you meet those specs, I'll buy/trade up to the new design and sell both of my old sets of bezels!

Can't wait to see the new ones!

Sam

Jer - this kit going to work for the GT500? I was ready to purchase and then..... POOF! Gone. :doh:

No. This is for Shelby GT and California Special cars only.

The GT500 kits will be available again, call us and speak to Brian Turner.

Thanks,

Jer

• 4 weeks later...

Hey JER - I guess your PM box is full because I could not send you a message. Any updates to share on the brake duct kit coming back in stock?

The changes recently have goofed up my PM mailbox. Sorry!

The bezels for SGT are the holdup for those.

GT500 should be ready very soon.

We've just got SO much going on, PLUS work to do for year-end: Wrapping up GT350 orders, financial planning and budgeting for 2015, etc...

Jer

Hire me! I work for Parts! :)

So do I, but not on purpose!!!!

Jer

Don't wait... The kit will not be available for at least a few months...

Jer

• 2 weeks later...

The changes recently have goofed up my PM mailbox. Sorry!

The bezels for SGT are the holdup for those.

GT500 should be ready very soon.

We've just got SO much going on, PLUS work to do for year-end: Wrapping up GT350 orders, financial planning and budgeting for 2015, etc...

Jer

Jer - Circling back on the GT500 brake duct kit. Any word on how soon these will be available?

Jer - Circling back on the GT500 brake duct kit. Any word on how soon these will be available?

I'd guess a few weeks from now. A few components have been holding us back...

Thanks,

Jer

If you meet those specs, I'll buy/trade up to the new design and sell both of my old sets of bezels!

Can't wait to see the new ones!

Sam

Agreed, ( but will throw my old bezels in the garbage) I actually ended up removing the hoses on my original set cause of issues with turning the corner and staying put.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.shelbystore.com/Brake-Cooling-Kit-p/m-2004-a.htm

Jer - Just saw this was added to the SPP site. Please tell me this is not the kit you previously mentioned was going to be available for the GT500 and you are still working on the Shelby version which you guys used to sell up until December 2013. I really liked the one you guys had and it was far less expensive.

http://www.shelbystore.com/Brake-Cooling-Kit-p/m-2004-a.htm

Jer - Just saw this was added to the SPP site. Please tell me this is not the kit you previously mentioned was going to be available for the GT500 and you are still working on the Shelby version which you guys used to sell up until December 2013. I really liked the one you guys had and it was far less expensive.

Different kit. No worries...

Jer

• 2 weeks later...

ETA on the improved SGT brake kit that will clear a HE?

Sorry… still no news, and I don't want to lie to you!

Jer

• 2 weeks later...

Jer,

I read through this thread a couple of times and have a couple of questions for clarity:

-Is this kit bezels only or a complete kit from the bezels all the way back to the brakes?

-If so, will it have a common diameter of duct hose, or will the brake duct bezel fitting be a diameter other that 3.5 inches?

-You mentioned one of your goals was better lighting; does this mean the PIAA's will fit inside the bezel rather than behind it?

-I'm curious that since this is supposed to retrofit with the older style, if the light bezel is significantly different, will I have to re-drill the mounting point to fit the lights with the new bezel?

And lastly to ask the most important question.....any update on availability?

Thanks much,

Steve

• 1 month later...

I personally couldn't wait any longer and went on the JLT website/ordered their kit which does fit the Wilwood big brake setup. Fairly inexpensive as well.

Archived