TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1989 Shelby CSX VNT on Chassing Classic Cars

GLHS0136

The new episode of Chassing Classic Cars tonight had a few old non-running Mopars on the property that Wayne was there to see. One of them was an '89 CSX. Wayne mistakenly said it was a mass produced model Carroll lent his name to (not the 1 of 500 Whittier cars that it really was) and that it was not running and would be costly to restore to sell. Not a lot of camera footage becasue the car was in a tight barn. Looked to be east coast somewhere.

He said that they were in Connecticut only a few miles from his shop.

While the 72 Charger is not worth a fortune, it certainly has some value. The 72's are starting to come around.

Will be interesting to see if the Shelby shows up here sometime. Could be a decent car.

Sounds like so-called "experts" spreading mis-information about our Shelby's is part of why they'll never be worth anything. I don't get this show, so I've never seen it, but if Wayne is the guy I'm thinking of, I'm sure he knows enough to know he can't make any money off the CSX. So he doesn't need to know anything more about them then that. Not his fault, but then he spreads the word that it's mass produced and not of interest, and people believe him because he's the guy with his own TV show.

I remember a show on Speed talking about Shelby Dodges. It was a great segment, and he emphasized how they were cheap affordable fun, but he referred to them as "a bunch of k-cars". And although I can see his point....it's not actually true. These cars were always overlooked. Even when new, they called the omnis and lancers "k-cars", and the Shelby Charger "just a daytona". Lots of misinformation. But our time will come, so get em while they're cheap and have fun with them!

I bet this is the car. High mileage (155k), non-running car with incorrect wheels, no front air dam, and needs some work. States the car is in East Haddam, Connecticut:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shelby-Dodge-CSX-VNT-1989-shelby-dodge-csx-vnt-turocharged-coupe-barn-find-turbo-tuner-hot-rod-drag-/131047325089?forcerrptr=true&hash=item1e83077da1&item=131047325089&pt=US_Cars_Trucks#ht_710wt_1133

Archived