TEAM SHELBY FORUM

For Sale - Steeda Adj Panhard Bar & Bar Brace **SOLD**

STEEDA PANHARD BAR SET HAS BEEN SOLD.

For Sale:

Lightly used Steeda Adjustible Panhard Bar and Steeda Panhard Bar Brace. I bought these last November 2012 and installed them on my SGT to center the rear wheels and improve the suspension a little. I found that they instantly corrected the alignment for the car by eliminating the "crab walk" that the SGTs do due to the FRPP lowered suspension once the rear tires were again centered.

The only reason I'm selling these two items is since I'm replacing them with the Shelby Fays2 Watts Link that I received last week. I believe these normally sell from Steeda for about $270 (what I paid for them new) for the pair plus shipping. If someone in the Atlanta area wants them, then I'll be happy to arrange a meeting place to deliver them as well.

I would like sell with the original box and instructions from Steeda for $100 plus shipping (from Atlanta, GA) just to offset some of my costs of the Watts Link. I probably put about 3,000 miles on the car last year, so these two parts have seen very little use.

You can email me at Andy@AndyJabaley.com

Thanks,

Andy.

Bump...

No interest or is $100 too much?

Andy your price is good if your talking about both the bar and the brace for $100. I would try putting your info on the classified section for both SGT and GT500. Not everyone looks in the mods and tech section for parts. By the way I have those same 2 pieces on my car and your right they are very good, Some one is bound to snatch them up for what your asking.

Jeff

Andy,

You will definitely be happy with the Watts link! My nephew was here last month with his 07 GT. His set-up is very similar to the SGT and he has the Fays2 Watts link. I test drove his car and the rear end really stays planted, just as advertised. This is probably my next mod, unless I find a IRS setup I can afford!

Sam

Andy,

You will definitely be happy with the Watts link! My nephew was here last month with his 07 GT. His set-up is very similar to the SGT and he has the Fays2 Watts link. I test drove his car and the rear end really stays planted, just as advertised. This is probably my next mod, unless I find a IRS setup I can afford!

Sam

Sam,

Have you seen this IRS? I also bought one of the last blue Shelby Fays2 units, so an IRS isn't in the cards for me.

Is it that much better than $650 for a Fays2 Watts link???

That is a lot of coin....

Andy

Independent suspensions are the way to go, but they are more complex and therefore more expensive, which is why most manufacturers stick with the simple and cheap straight axle.

Note that FINALLY the next generation Mustang is scheduled to have an IRS - should be really interesting to see how that puppy handles! (Though there was an IRS on an earlier SVT/SVO Mustang)

All that being said, straight axles and the technology that goes with them have come a long way since the early days and many still swear by them - Mustangs still do well on the twistys - so yes, the Watts link is the next best alternative to an IRS!

Sam

were those sold to me?

Yes sir! Going in to see LD's Performance on Wednesday...does that still work for you?

Is Larry looking to install for you? I shot him an email yesterday to make sure he knew what you and I were doing.

Let me know if there are any changes.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Andy

Archived