TEAM SHELBY FORUM

More Competition

07SGT

Dodge brings back 'Shaker' hood on Challenger muscle car

Published November 06, 2013
FoxNews.com
  • shaker-3-660.jpg

2014 Dodge Challenger R/T Shaker (Dodge)

• shaker-2-660.jpg

Mopar '14 Challenger (Mopar)

• shaker-1-660.jpg

• shaker-5-660.jpg

• shaker-4-660.jpg

Now about those Holley carbs.

Dodge is bringing back the legendary “Shaker” hood on the 2014 Challenger.

Just like the old days, the engine-mounted cold air intake scoop pokes through a hole in the hood and vibrates along with the 5.7-liter Hemi V8 it’s sitting on top of.

Available on the new Challenger R/T Shaker model, the scoop comes matched to the Super Track Pack, which includes a retuned suspension and steering, more potent brakes and high performance tires. A matte-black hood, unique trim and Shaker logos all over the car further differentiate it from other Challengers.

Along with the standard production model, Dodge is also offering 100 Shaker hood Challengers modified by Mopar for 2014 that are equipped with a slew of functional and cosmetic accessories from the Mopar catalog.

The Challenger R/T Shaker goes on sale early next year for $36,995 with the Mopar 2014 Challenger following in the spring at a yet to be announced price.

Yea, but how do you have a Baracuda without Plymouth? Just like you can't have a Trans-Am without Pontiac. Just not the same. I wish they would put the Charger back to two doors. They have the 300 to be the four door hot rod.

Yea, but how do you have a Baracuda without Plymouth? Just like you can't have a Trans-Am without Pontiac. Just not the same. I wish they would put the Charger back to two doors. They have the 300 to be the four door hot rod.

Stand alone brand like they are doing with trucks (and kinda on Vipers).

Stand alone brand like they are doing with trucks (and kinda on Vipers).

That's true, when I was looking for a new truck, I Googled "Dodge Trucks" and got nothing. I was amazed they are now Ram Trucks, no association with "Dodge" anymore. I don't quite understand that, but a stand alone "Barracuda" is probably the next big thing. I do hope they trim it down from the bulky Challenger, the Camaro could also lose some of the fat and bulk, the Mustang is just right.

Archived