TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2014 1/2 Mustang Rumor

ChadBuckWeb

Does anyone know if they are going to produce a 2014 1/2 Mustang? I'd prefer they did not since I'll have the last Shelby Mustang built with the 2014 I just received. I think I'm correct in saying there will Not be another shelby mustang. Right?

I've read there would be a limited run 14 1/2, all new body style. I've not heard anything about a Shelby version being produced and would be surprised if there were. Wouldn't be surprised if Shelby purchased 1 or 2 of the 14 1/2 just to start more intense R & D work.

As far as the Shelby/Mustang being no more, I suspect there will be a Shelby produced by Ford (most likely the GT 350) and that at some point we will see SA come out with a version - perhaps they put out the GT500. Regardless, SA will have their hands deep in the modification pocket and will also really push the Focus ST for weekend racers - it is a fun ride.

Having said that, everyone has opinions, read various contradictory information etc. Only Ford knows the whole story.

They will have something ready for April. Won't be a gt500 so no worries. I don't know if some of you don't know this or what but the originals cars were never 641/2 cars either. All sold as 65s so this will just be an early 15. Sure we know how to decode and determine the early cars as 641/2s but there really was no such hoopla according to the Feds lol.

Does anyone know if they are going to produce a 2014 1/2 Mustang? I'd prefer they did not since I'll have the last Shelby Mustang built with the 2014 I just received. I think I'm correct in saying there will Not be another shelby mustang. Right?

Last Shelby? Hmm........................

We aren't burying the brand just yet. I think you might be pleasantly surprised what the future has for Shelby. On another note, I wouldnt be too concerned about any car overshadowing our 2013-2014s. That's gonna take a mighty big achievement.

A 400 lb lighter car with IRS and the 5.8 S/C might do the trick.

So many conflicting reports out on the new body and the demise of the GT500. Yes the 5.8 will fit, no it won't,,,, blah blah blah.

Yes there will be another GT500, no there won't. It will be a GT 350, not for a couple of years, maybe.

Guess we will have to wait and see what the powers at Ford roll out for us.

As long as the Shelby and Ford brands continue, I think we will all be happy.

Archived