TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TS-PCR Holiday Charity Cruise / S.F. Bay Area / Saturday 12-7-13

SVT NAJA

OK, so here is the donation information for our charity cruise.

We’ll be making a stop at Stanford’s - Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital.

The LPCH is currently undergoing an expansion to serve a growing number of children needing life saving medical services. These are the same type of young patients that Carroll Shelby formed his foundation to assist.

Because they are short on storage space this year, they have requested Gift Cards from the following retailers which will allow them to shop for age and gender appropriate toys, books, hobby items, etc. for their patients.

• Amazon
  • Best Buy
  • iTunes
  • Target
  • Toys ‘R Us

Any gift card is very much appreciated. Gift cards in various denominations are commonly found in your local supermarket (Lucky, Safeway, etc.) which makes this mode of giving very convenient.

If you would like to make a tax deductible contribution by check or credit card, please download and complete the form found at the LPFCH link here: http://www.supportlpch.org/document.doc?id=7 Enclose the completed form (and your check if applicable) in a sealed envelope addressed to LPFCH, with your name and address in the upper left corner. A donation receipt from the LPFCH will be returned by mail for your tax records.

I will have several wrapped gift boxes to place gift cards and envelopes in for a photo-op handoff at the roundabout in front of Lucile Packard.

We’ll also have the Shelby ornaments below available for purchase at the Half Moon Bay Brewing Company during our lunch.

ScreenShot542_zps5c7a00ae.jpg

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, here's the first weather report for our cruise this Saturday. While temperatures will be a bit cool and more seasonal, it looks like mostly sunny skies - so we'll have dry roads.

Screenshot2013-12-02at95522PM_zps05ddaf4

Jim,

I do not understand why you post the weather....unless it's for the weatherman to use.

Because as all of us know, when you pick a day for an event, everyone INCLUDING the weather gods know it will be nice!

Looking forward to another great event!

Hey guys, Andy (Fat Boss) talked me into joining the site to see what's going on. I'll be joining you guys for this coming up from Monterey (with a Boss) and looks like I'll have another Boss/Shelby coming with me, maybe 2. As soon as I know I'll post up on behalf of those guys. If there's anyone else coming from the south, we'd love to meet up. I'm still learning the area but GPS helps and this will be the first time bringing the Boss north (I typically go south to Big Sur). I was at MRLS for the Turkey Bowl, so I've seen some of you once.

Jim,

I do not understand why you post the weather....unless it's for the weatherman to use.

Because as all of us know, when you pick a day for an event, everyone INCLUDING the weather gods know it will be nice!

Looking forward to another great event!

Tom,

I'm confident the Big Guy will provide favorable weather for us on Saturday. Another report tomorrow night.

Either way, we'll have a good time...

Jim

Hey guys, Andy (Fat Boss) talked me into joining the site to see what's going on. I'll be joining you guys for this coming up from Monterey (with a Boss) and looks like I'll have another Boss/Shelby coming with me, maybe 2. As soon as I know I'll post up on behalf of those guys. If there's anyone else coming from the south, we'd love to meet up. I'm still learning the area but GPS helps and this will be the first time bringing the Boss north (I typically go south to Big Sur). I was at MRLS for the Turkey Bowl, so I've seen some of you once.

Ufnavy06,

Welcome to Team Shelby and the Pacific Coast Region! A great group of people/enthusiasts here. We look forward to having you onboard with us this Saturday. I'll post you up on page 1. Let me know when the others decide. Thanks.

Jim

I am conducting final testing at our local fire academy over the weekend so I am out. Have a safe and great trip everyone. The ornaments are nice as I received mine already from CSF. :shift:

Harald,

Hopefully your hard work pays off and the test goes smooth. Maybe someday we could get a tour of the academy?

We'll post up some cruise :camera: for you and Glenda to see. Appreciate the critique on the CSF ornaments. Can't wait to get mine!

Jim

Here's the latest weather report. Yes, it appears there will be on and off showers starting late Friday afternoon and ending by 6am Saturday morning. Hard to tell what conditions will be like by our 10am start in Saratoga. Roads may be damp, but probably not running with water. Forecast for the 14th calls for showers all day, so our cruise this Saturday is a GO! If you're not sure, bring your daily driver out. See you Saturday morning... Jim

Screenshot2013-12-05at82401PM_zpsb05bf3a

Screenshot2013-12-05at82533PM_zps1018bb4

I should be embarrassed to own a Shelby and not be willing to drive it in the rain. After all, oil' man Shelby wouldn't let a little water keep him from driving it. My head hangs low. Water is one thing but muddy country roads really make a mess. Again, I feel like I'm dishonoring the man. It's meant to be driven, it's meant to be driven, it's meant to be driven. Nope, I'm a freakin' poser. Just can't do it. Admittedly a Wussie. Ok, I believe in Jim. Come on Jim! You can do it Jim! No pressure Jim, I believe in you ;-) believe me, I will be there for the kids and the "team". Which car I drive will depend on Jim, oops I mean the weather....

Tom

Tom,

It really is a game time call. When I step out of the house on Saturday morning about 7:30, if the street is only damp... the Boss LS is coming out to play!

If it's raining and water is running in the street, you'll see me in a Taurus. lol

Either way, it's about the kids at LPCH and getting together with other Blue Oval enthusiasts to enjoy the day and share some Holiday cheer over lunch!

Jim

Archived