TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SAVE the date - April 14th-16th Las Vegas NV - 2014 BASH

MMcGuirk

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any idea when we will find out the cost for the Shelby bash since it will be only a couple days long? I am hoping that I will be able to go to both the bash and the 50th celebration.

Any idea when we will find out the cost for the Shelby bash since it will be only a couple days long? I am hoping that I will be able to go to both the bash and the 50th celebration.

I'm thinking the same thing.

Phill

I'm wondering if the Bash has a host hotel in mind.........South Point maybe. Already booked April 16th thru the 20th at the Mandalay Bay for the 50th.

The South Point was a really nice facility for the Bash last year. Food was great and the accommodations were really nice and so was staff. I vote yes for this year, too, unless there is too much stuff that would have to be transferred for the rest of the week to the Mandalay Bay. No sense in creating more work for volunteers and staff.

Do'es anybody have any idea where the Bash will start from? Last year it was Palm Springs and before that LA.

We are looking to repeat last year. We need to finalize details before any official announcement.

Ford Fan 1 the outside track at the speedway is a regular track not just a lot. It's actually pretty fun. The back in 2011? was there.

Yes I saw video from 2011 and it was a pack of Shelby's plaiyng follow the leader.

I have also driven around the said track in a rental car after the Nascar race a few years back, very narrow with few passing opportuities.

IMO no comparison to a real track like Spring Mountain.

Yes I saw video from 2011 and it was a pack of Shelby's plaiyng follow the leader.

I have also driven around the said track in a rental car after the Nascar race a few years back, very narrow with few passing opportuities.

IMO no comparison to a real track like Spring Mountain.

This was not follow the leader! -

The way these threads go there is speculation and then some opions thrown in with some ideas and conjecture. I guess I am not regular enough to know for sure who is posting from actual fact and knowledge... So it does sound like MM set up the PS Caddyshack event and drive out the following morning, I'm in for that :cool: But then someone else said no track this year?? I barely fit in in my 25 YO Shelby, take away the track event and I'm just a red headed stepchild at a SVB :doh:

We didn't "take away the track", we just wanted to add to their event, and mesh well with it. They have a track component already, so we'll focus on MORE and different stuff, so people coming out for the week will get a full plate of different events.

Jer

We didn't "take away the track", we just wanted to add to their event, and mesh well with it. They have a track component already, so we'll focus on MORE and different stuff, so people coming out for the week will get a full plate of different events.

Jer

That sounds great Jer! I am planning for sure to be there for my first Bash! We have just purchased a holiday home in Pheonix,AZ. and plan to get my car down to there a few weeks before the bash so we can fly down to Pheonix and then drive it up to the starting point ( possibly Palm Springs,as mentioned). I have managed to convince the wife to come along as well,just so I can torment her further...LOL!

Anyway,hopefully there will be a few cruises to some other locations such as last years Hoover Dam run for example. What about a run to Kingman and the Route 66 museum area?

I look forward to seeing more details on the Bash as to hotels etc. and then we can plan for the MCCA 50th celebration as well plus the compulsory visit to the new SHELBY Temple!!! (Just to send the wife over the top!!!)

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I'm registered for the 50th celebration and booked the Mandalay Bay from the 14th - 20th. Super pumped the Bash will be right before the 50th event. I will be driving my 06 LL GT to the Vegas. Looking forward to getting the details about the Bash and cruise.

Dave

Jer,

Looking forward to the 14 Bash - love the car show component and since I will probably bring my Terlingua - Track will not work for me - it is a Vert.

Road trips together as a group with photo ops always seem fun.

Does Vegas ever close the strip for a cruise? Just saying that would be awesome to see Shelby's 3 lanes wide running down the strip on a night ride.

Also appreciate hooking up the event with the Mustang 50th so all can attend.

Booked at Mandalay Bay for Mustang event waiting for Bash details to make other reservation.

Plan to do the pre event also this year as well from Ca.

David and Judi driving in from Houston!

Hey David.

If you are coming through Vegas on way to CA, maybe we could run down together.

Was planning on doing this again as well.

I am sure a few others will join in as well.

Sort of a pre-run to the pre-run.

Hotel Booked Mandalay 16th to 21st, Check! Hate driving back to California on Sundays, anyone else heading back on the 21st? :shift: Maybe we could all cruise back together.

50th Celebration Registered Check! :happy feet:

Now just need info for the 2014 Bash and I will be all set. :lurk: Going to be a great time!!

Now just need info for the 2014 Bash and I will be all set. :lurk: Going to be a great time!!

It's the title of this thread…….? LOL...

Host hotel not announced, we're soliciting the TS Regional Directors to help with that decision. But you'll be pretty well set if you book Mandalay from Monday night on… (our new HQ is right around the corner…)

Jer

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. It's shaping up to be a BUSY week...

April 12-13 (Sat & Sun): Mojave Mile LSR Event

April 14-16 (Mon-Weds): Shelby Bash

April 16-20 (Weds-Sat): Mustangs 50th Birthday Celebration

And a expensive week too...

Phill

Wow. It's shaping up to be a BUSY week...

April 12-13 (Sat & Sun): Mojave Mile LSR Event

April 14-16 (Mon-Weds): Shelby Bash

April 16-20 (Weds-Sat): Mustangs 50th Birthday Celebration

And a expensive week too...

Phill

We are getting ready.

Mandalay Bay booked 12 thru 21!

Mojave mile?

Archived