TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 Shelby GT500 from Mexico City

Yair Shelby

Hello all
First I want to congratulate you for the best Shelby forum can be.
My name is Yair Morales and I'm from Mexico City, I do not speak English, so I'm helping a translator (I hope I understand, lol) but my love for these cars has led me to find me with this great forum.
I just bought it, it's my first Shelby and I feel lucky to have one of the few who come to our country and I love it.
My idea is to make a super snake, for obvious reasons I can not take it to a shop Shelby to do so as it should, which is why I'll have to buy some parts to make it the closest thing to a real.
It's 2009, is black and has about 11,000 miles:
(sorry for the pictures, on another occasion I will put better quality)
Shelby20092.jpg
Shelby20093.jpg
Shelby20094.jpg
Shelby2009.jpg
Shelby20095.jpg
I want to start by changing:
-Super Snake hood
-Alcoa Wheels 20 "
-Super Snake stripes (what color do you recommend?)
-Super Snake Logos
-Suspension Super Serpiente (no quiero que quede muy bajo)
Where I can get?
Yair Morales
regards

Can you not ship it to Vegas for a real conversion? iPhone maps put the distance from the Mexico City airport to Las Vegas airport at about 1900 miles. The distance from Kennedy airport in New York to Las Vegas airport is 2560. Shipping a car by covered carrier in the us is about $1/mile. It would be a full conversion instead of a bunch of custom mods. Later it will be easier to sell and recoup your upgrade costs for the Shelby conversion than for one that is custom modded with no pedigree

Good luck with whatever choice you make!

Can you not ship it to Vegas for a real conversion? iPhone maps put the distance from the Mexico City airport to Las Vegas airport at about 1900 miles. The distance from Kennedy airport in New York to Las Vegas airport is 2560. Shipping a car by covered carrier in the us is about $1/mile. It would be a full conversion instead of a bunch of custom mods. Later it will be easier to sell and recoup your upgrade costs for the Shelby conversion than for one that is custom modded with no pedigree

Good luck with whatever choice you make!

This is some great advise.................Give it a good thought Yari. Not too many Super Snakes down your way I bet.

I think it's a good option, he had not considered, perhaps at this point the problem would be the cost of conversion is more than 30 000, but could raise the money for the next year and would have a super authentic and unique snake in Mexico, thank you very much for giving me that option and the best part is that I have family members who support me with the supervision and steps in the USA.

regards

Archived