TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Front end damage

Conquest08

Hi Everyone,

Its been awhile since I have been on here. Anyways after not being able drive my 2008 GT500 in a few months. I washed her and took her out to run errands. On the way home on city streets another person driving in the opposite direction decided it was ok to make a left turn in front of me. I could not stop and ended up colliding with the person in her front passenger wheel well. I was able to slow down enought that the air bags did not deploy. Long story short I wanted to get your guys advice on what I need to tell the repair center when I take it in for its repair appraisal. Looking for what to tell them as far as its ok to repair or demand new parts. I am fairly confident the police report will show it was her fault.

I was able to drive it home and park it but have not been able to bring myself to go look at it in detail. The front splitter looked cracked and front bumper heavily gouged and chipped. Hood appeared to have a bend on the passenger side.

For right now I do not have any pictures to upload will probly take some detailed ones tomorrow when its light out.

Thanks for looking

Demand new parts. With that, you may want to take it in and get an estimate for yourself, so it would be independent of what the insurance company provides as far as an estimate/repair needs. Be firm with them. You don't have to take the first offer they give you. They will want to settle the claim, if you can be patient enough they will usually give you what you need to get the car fixed right. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Make sure you SPECIFY that you want Ford OEM parts. Otherwise they may use aftermarket panels... so "new" might not be so good if you know what I mean.

yeah, they almost certainly WON'T use OEM parts unless you pitch a fit and demand it. made that mistake with my 2006 Mustang GT and the rear bumper cover I ended up with didn't quite fit as good as the original. ended up trading the car in, otherwise i would have tried to get them to redo it.

Archived