TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is there a way to turn on my fog lights without headlights being illuminated?

How do I leave on my fog lights and have them automatically switch off when the car is turned? I would like the option to drive around with only my fog lights illuminated. My switch only lets me pull out the switch for the fog lights when the highlights also turned on and I have to remember to turn them off. Otherwise, they are in the automatic setting and come on when it gets dark. I appreciate the help.

You should be able to turn your parking lights on (middle switch position) and pull the switch out to turn on the foglights. Now given that is not the automatic setting. To my knowledge you cannot have the fog lights automatic without the headlights being on. You might want to check the owners manual for some more helpful info.

I brought a car into Ontario from NC. When I took it to my local Ford dealership for an oil change and inspection the SVT mechanic told me I needed daytime running lights so he had programmed the fogs to light anytime the car was running during day light. Your mechanic should be able to help you out.

Archived