TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need a source for GT-H serial number tags

ajagtype

Hello all,

I recently contacted SAI regarding the availability of the SAI serial number plate (riveted next to the radiator, driver's side, under hood) because mine was damaged when I purchased the car (2006 coupe). Unfortunately, I was told that those plates are no longer available. Does anyone know of an aftermarket source for those serial number plates?

Regards,

Ajagtype

So what are owners to do is one is needed, especially if registered owners have been told the only way to get a replacement is from SAI (at least that's what I was told at one time) like you have to for other unique parts.

How could a new one be needed? I'm sure an existing one can be restored just fine. Unless an original burns up in smoke or is stolen (that would be difficult without a drill), it should remain with the car. In the case of a front end collision, be sure to keep that tag!!!! I'm sure they don't want to produce replacements so that the cloners don't get their hands on them.

A few years ago I was using my california duster on my GT H and it caught the corner of the 40th anniversary plaque which i put on the back above the tail light. I requested a new one because it really put a kink in it and was impossible to straighten out. I was told no more were available, and they only made one for each car, so I'm forced to live with it. Bugs the crap out of me every day because i straightened it out as best as i could, but the kink is still quite obvious.

I do understand the cloning issue, but this isn't even a numbered plaque, and there were 500 produced. I would think there must be at least one left somewhere...Jer old buddy old pal??

A few years ago I was using my california duster on my GT H and it caught the corner of the 40th anniversary plaque which i put on the back above the tail light. I requested a new one because it really put a kink in it and was impossible to straighten out. I was told no more were available, and they only made one for each car, so I'm forced to live with it. Bugs the crap out of me every day because i straightened it out as best as i could, but the kink is still quite obvious.

I do understand the cloning issue, but this isn't even a numbered plaque, and there were 500 produced. I would think there must be at least one left somewhere...Jer old buddy old pal??

Attached photo shows my 40th anniversary 'sticker' that I used instead of the plaque. It's an exact replica and looks great! No worries about using the original or it getting damaged.
20131005_094648.jpg

20131005_094648.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like I stirred up a little extra business for you Gene. :) BTW, if you look at the one on my car, I ended up affixing a piece of black vinyl backing to it and then putting it on the car with that. It stays much better. The 1st one I tried without it - the smaller letters came off when washed. Would be great if you sold them that way if you can.

yes thank you gary for posting pic. I thought that looked a little different. I will look into that. I haven't lost any letters to washing yet. but I am very careful washing

around it. and pat dry that area. I do agree though that the th is sensitive. lol I went over and over it when installing before I removed the backing to make sure

that I was stuck on. they are great for making a personal photo album as well.

Archived