TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby Dearborn 2014

robertlane

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone may want to also keeps tabs on the MOCSEM and/or SVTOA sites for details of other activities developing around the Woodward Dream Cruise weekend. They just announced that the MOCSEM show will be the day after Mustang Alley this year. It also sounds like there are going to be a lot of things going on relative to the 50th celebration the week leading up to Mustang Alley and Woodward.

http://www.mocsem.com/newsletter/news_detail.php?articleid=223&source=home

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Even with this being the 50th anniversary, I can't help but notice interest seems to be way off from previous years so I have some questions. What is the relationship if any between Team Shelby and Robert & Sharon? Will Team Shelby have a presence at Dearborn / Woodward / MOCSEM? How many people from here are planning to attend? Any particular reason Team Shelby seems to have divorced itself from this event?

My daughter and I are attending this event. We are looking forward to it. The event was really awesome last year and should be even better this year since its the last official event for the 50th anniversary of the Mustang.

That looks like a great event but it does not look like the Team Shelby event Robert was working on.

The marque says Team Shelby?

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2014-motor-city-round-up-dream-cruise-week-featuring-bullitt-nationals-team-shelby-and-boss-302-registration-7239865633

I know change is inevitable and sometimes its good but sometimes its not. I am just not getting enough information to feel comfortable pulling the trigger and committing the money and vacation time for three people. If it was just me it would be a different story.

Who/what is:

Motor City Guide

Hoon Dog Events

Eventbrite

IMBOC*

Edit: International Mustang Bullitt Owners Club

(where most of the attendees seem to be from)

Its the inaugural Motorcity roundup so its a new event based on old events. I don't know if Shelby is having any part of this event....I hope they do come as it was awesome to see JER there last year, I do know its a similar event to what we had done last year except everything is a la carte so you can pick and choose what you want to do. There are a few more cool things such as a Tour of Roush and Watkins Racing and seeing a guys 40+ car collection and a tour of Piquette Plant .

There is a one day track event at Gingerman on the Thursday which I am skipping because I don't want to haul my car all the way from Minnesota and haul race tires and race pads so instead we will be going to the Henry Ford Museum and to Greenfield village on the track day. We plan on arriving on Sunday the 10th and leaving Monday morning the 18th its going to be one long fun week.

I had to miss Vegas this year so I plan making it up in Dearborn

I know change is inevitable and sometimes its good but sometimes its not. I am just not getting enough information to feel comfortable pulling the trigger and committing the money and vacation time for three people. If it was just me it would be a different story.

Who/what is:

Motor City Guide

Hoon Dog Events

Eventbrite

IMBOC*

Edit: International Mustang Bullitt Owners Club

(where most of the attendees seem to be from)

They have Team Shelby listed.?????

2014 Motor City Round-Up Dream Cruise Week Featuring Bullitt Nationals, Team Shelby, and Boss 302 Hoondog Events, Inc Sunday, August 10, 2014 at 6:00 PM (CDT)
Ferndale, MI

Savannah and I are driving the Boss there......Last year we drove the Shelby to the event.

The Boss 302 club and the Bullet club are sort of joining forces and I hope that TeamShelby also is part of it as it would be pretty cool to have a large group of Bosses, Shelby's and Bullets all hanging out.

Savannah and I are driving the Boss there......Last year we drove the Shelby to the event.

The Boss 302 club and the Bullet club are sort of joining forces and I hope that TeamShelby also is part of it as it would be pretty cool to have a large group of Bosses, Shelby's and Bullets all hanging out.

Just got this from Roberts other site.

http://fordshelbygt350.com/topic/219-dearborn-2014-bash-team-shelby-dearborn/page-4

Here is the info for the Dearborn Event we are running. This has always been a Team Shelby event and we consider all TS family and would love to have TS at this event. If you have any questions about the event please email me at selliott@teammustang.net LINKS DO NOT WORK BELOW please visit motorcityroundup.com for all links and more info.

Motor City Roundup 2014 Schedule
last updated 01 May 14 @ 7:00pm, est.

Important Notes

- Events are presented a la carte - choose those that best fit your desire.

- Times expressed are est (eastern standard time).

Sunday - 10 August

• 6:00pm - 9:00: Host Hotel Registration, Meet & Greet. The host hotel is the Comfort Inn. Click here for discount codes and other area hotels.
Comfort Inn: 40455 Ann Arbor Road. Plymouth, MI - 48170

Monday - 11 August

• 8:15am - 3:30pm: Performance Facility Tours. Register here.
Departure from the host hotel (40455 Ann Arbor Road, Plymouth, MI)

• 9:00am- 10:30: Watson Engineering Tour | 11:00am-12:00: Barardi Collection | 1:00pm - 3:30: Roush Performance

addresses:

Watson Engineering: 18703 Dix Toledo. Brownstown Charter Township, MI

Roush: 118581 Market Street. Livonia, MI - 48150

Barardi Collection: No address published

The Barardi Collection

grouptourpictureop.jpg
Roush Performance

Tuesday - 12 August

• 6:45am: Ford Michigan Proving Ground Departure from host hotel.* Register Here.

If you've ever wanted to take your Boss 302, Bullitt or Shelby Mustang on Ford's Michigan Proving Ground, this is the chance of a lifetime. Limited spots are open to drive on this fantastic 5-mile long parabolic oval track and tour the 3,880 acre proving ground along with the central garage.

You'll also get the opportunity to meet some of Ford's test drivers and engineering team and have lunch in the main garage.

Michigan Proving Ground: 74241 Fisher Road. Bruce Township, MI. 48065

* Notes: To drive on the Ford track, you must have a Boss 302 , Bullitt or Shelby Mustang and present a valid driver's license. You must year long pants and closed toed shoes to enter any part of the facility. Camera phones, cameras or recording devices are strictly prohibited. A signed waiver for each person is required to enter the facility.

gallery_2_42_89309.jpg

Owners pause on the Michigan Proving Ground for a photo shoot.

mpg.png
Michigan Proving Ground. Romeo, Michigan.

• Cruise Woodward

Wednesday - 13 August

• TBD: Ford Piquette Plant Tour. Register here.

• 7:00pm - 9:00: Go-Cart Racing @ JD Indoor Racing in Novi, Michigan. Register here.

Features 10 qualifying laps, 14 race laps with awards to the top three finishers.

JD Racing Indoor Karting. 44225 West 12 Mile Road. Novi, MI - 48377. 248.773.8777

Thursday - 14 August

• 8:00am: Flat Rock (Mustang) Assembly Plant Tour via Register via Mustang Alley.

• 8:15am: Road Racing @ Gingerman Raceway Open Track Event. Register here.
Gingerman Raceway. 61414 Phoenix road. South Haven, MI - 49090. 269.253.4445

Friday - 15 August

• 8:00am - 3:00pm: MRT Open House and Bullitt Nationals. Register here.

Featuring show & shine with awards and food.

45646 Port Street. Plymouth, MI - 48170

• TBD: Dearborn Proving Ground (DDC) Track Event. Register via Mustang Alley.

• 6:00pm: The Mustang Hereos. Register via Mocsem.
Ford Conference Center. 1151 Village Road. Dearborn, MI

Saturday - 16 August

Mustang Alley

Woodward Dream Cruise

Boss, Bullitt and Shelby group specific secured parking lot near Mustang Alley. Register here.

Sunday - 17 August

• 8:00am - 5:00pm: Mustang Memories @ Ford Product Development Center. Register here.

mustangmemories.png

• 2 weeks later...

as far as I know, this is Robert's event, and for 2014, Shelby has nothing to do with it.

Here is the info for the Dearborn Event we are running. This has always been a Team Shelby event and we consider all TS family and would love to have TS at this event. If you have any questions about the event please email me at selliott@teammustang.net LINKS DO NOT WORK BELOW please visit motorcityroundup.com for all links and more info.

I didnt mean anything by my comment other than Team Shelby is no longer running the event.

I have been to 3 of these Dearborn events and they are always great events packed with rare and fun activities.

Its looks as if this year the itinerary has gotten even better.

Best of luck for a successful event Robert and Sharon.

I didnt mean anything by my comment other than Team Shelby is no longer running the event.

I have been to 3 of these Dearborn events and they are always great events packed with rare and fun activities.

Its looks as if this year the itinerary has gotten even better.

Best of luck for a successful event Robert and Sharon.

Did not take it bad at all :) , It is an event that we are running with MRT and the Bullitt Club this year and want Team Shelby to be apart of it to make the 50th event that much better.

Are you coming to the Mustang Memories Show this year?

Archived