TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Which Watts Link is Your Favorite?

Masterman

Hey guys I have looked at many watts links and every person I read about that has one loves theirs even regardless of company in regards to the performance upgrade from stock.

So my question is which is your favorite and why? What makes that one so appealing to you over another? Would you buy this one again if given the chance?

As a side note: I already have Eibach Pro springs and am looking for a watts link system but am not interested in welding. any suggestions would be nice besides the overall discussion.Thanks!

Matt

Is the billet Faye's 2 the same unit they use on the super snake?

If the additional cost Fays2 Watts Link option is chosen as part of SuperSnake build, I believe that the steel unit is standard with the alloy as an additional cost above the steel. <<I think?

This is the Shelby engraving that is on the billet unit..............

0033-1.jpg

The steel unit gets a sticker............

S7MA-5649-3T_zpsdb2464f2.jpg

R

I have not researched this before..................but is the billet aluminum Fays2 a unique "Shelby" exclusive item? I looked around on the Fays2 Watts Link site and did not see the billet unit, only the steel.

I did some digging through my pictures and here is one I found from a couple of years ago, it is pretty cool...............

64804-1.jpg

S7MA-5649-3T_zpsdb2464f2.jpg

One other thing to point out when comparing the Billet vs. blue Shelby Steel................note the range of adjustment holes when comparing the two side by side............

R

I have the CorteX watts link & love it. It was part of the "Track Pack" coilover conversion. If you want a watts link and don't want to weld anything - then get the billet Fays 2. If you're doing a full suspension upgrade, then I'd go with the Cortex or Griggs. The welding involved to mount the watts tower is trivial.

I went with the Blue one...the billet one does not offer one for convertibles due to a slight bend I was told is present in the convertible version to clear the extra convertible underbody bracing.

Just ordered mine yesterday so I'm looking forward to what difference I will notice.

Andy.

you can order a fays 2 watts in red and black for sure...possibly another color. I chose black. the fays 2 watts have 7 different holes for adjustability compared to the 3 for the Shelby steel one or 4 holes for the billet Shelby piece. a watts link is one of the "so happy I did this" mods.

Yes, that is right, I do remember seeing at least one other color (Red I think) on the SPP site. Black would be cool also.

The steel unit from Fays is a 7 hole adj. unit...............

image20c20_zpscc1d9925.jpg

As shown in the picture above, and compared to the picture below, if the Shelby Fays2 3 hole steel is 2lbs heavier than the Shelby billet aluminum, the much taller Fays2 7 hole would be even heavier.

S197-2_zps350b50bf.jpg

^^^^^Just for comparison purposes, the frame sizes between these two steel units.

R

BTW, the reason ours is now shallower is to clear all sway bars. My original FR3 sway bar hit the deeper curve at the bottom. Clunk!

Another lesson we learned installing hundreds of them!

Jer

BTW, the reason ours is now shallower is to clear all sway bars. My original FR3 sway bar hit the deeper curve at the bottom. Clunk!

Another lesson we learned installing hundreds of them!

Jer

Good to know Jer............for future discussions. Thanks!

R

I've heard a lot of people take off their sway bars when installing the Fays2 due to some not clearing or knocking when driving. Are there any sway bars that fit without problems with the Fays2? Or can theses problems be fixed with relocation brackets or adjustable end links?

• 7 months later...

Archived