TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ebay KR is this correct

Wyobrit

Correct, there should not be any stripe where the Shelby letters are and there is a stripe missing on the lower air dam above the splitter.

Strange for such a low mileage car.

Well that's the biggie...dealbreaker.

He said that they DO match. But yes, something is very amiss here. Wow, those gaps are horrible and vary greatly from rear to front. ewwww...... needs to get new stripes and other parts replaced which puts this car pretty over priced. And who knows what else with so many problems with those parts being wrong. Huge red flags at this point.

Is that the oem V6/KR rear spoiler? I thought it was "flatter" to the decklid. That spoiler looks like the standard GT500 spoiler? Maybe it is the angle(s)?

R

Thats a GT500 rear spoiler.

And why would you paint the rear diffuser and leave the side rockers black?

Odd, perhaps there was damage, and this was how it was repaired...remember, a carfax or autocheck only report what is reported (claimed on insurance)

Those upper side scoops look nasty too...

3rd brake light filled in as well. It's another "buyer beware" car. Why bother, when a clean (proper) original can so easily be found?

Your right, enough "proper" cars out there.

This one must've been waded up, what other reasonable explanation is there...Of course, I've seen some dumb ass mods in the past

This info. was added to the auction............

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"On Oct-27-13 at 18:17:40 PDT, seller added the following information:

Does not have original spoiler. Was replaced with a lower profile spoiler.

Does not have original side stripes. Has widened top stripes. All was professionally done.
Has all original documentation including the original pricing sticker, but does not have the original brake duct kit."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
^^^To me this sounds like front items were damaged? <<Brake duct kit missing. Rear items were damaged? <<Rear spoiler, deck lid and faux cap all altered or replaced. ..............and then we see incorrect stripes which could also indicate a repaint? If I were a person looking at the evidence I would say front and rear damage and then a repaint and restripe after the fix? I could be totally wrong, but the indicators are there?
The rear spoiler that originally came on this car was much lower profile than the currently installed GT500 spoiler, so the first revised auction statement above is incorrect.
R

I agree something's up with the car. Most individuals wouldn't remove the factory stripes only to replace them with the same color and they liked these better?

Are they the right color? My first impression was they are too dark. I seem to remember the Silver/blue KR's with more of a 'pale' looking blue stripe.

Phill

Archived