TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Suspension or TVS

MJN

Do you want your car to go quicker/faster or handle better?

Though I suppose there's some nominal benefit to be found in various aftermarket bushing choices, swapping out a panhard bar does very little. It's only purpose is to keep the rear end centered which none of the Ford Racing lowering kits require any panhard adjustments to remain within intended tolerances.

No matter what else you may do, replacing your factory lower control arms with tubular or billet and including relocation brackets for them will yield tremendous bang for the buck unto themselves in terms of keeping the rear end planted by reducing the amount of deflection the stamped components allow and improving forward propulsion bite by altering the trailing arm geometry. A UCA can be beneficial too, but your first $300 will deliver the biggest benefit.

Once you have your handling nailed down, you can then decide whether the car would benefit from more performance before mucking around with much more expensive modifications that begin playing around with things that can impact your warranty.

IMHO I'd go with suspension. These cars make good power. Most don't put it to the ground. Why make more power if you can't control it. My old 03 would walk "faster" cars all day long. From a dig they would spin mine would plant and go. Its strange having a car that takes effort to get the rear end loose.

Power is awesome don't get me wrong, but I'd much rather get in to be useable

That is an easy one: SUSPENSION

And upgrade the brakes while you're at it. Tons of horsepower will end in tears if you cant turn or stop.

All valid points guys and thanks. You guys for sure help made me feel better with thinking the same.

Had a good deal come across on TVS and was so close to pulling the trigger but when I started this mod bug I told my self that I wanted to go ground up and set the base before more power. If I went TVS there would have not been much for suspension mods, so I decided to wait and continue with suspension work.

• 4 weeks later...

After you get your suspension worked out the way you like it, look at the KB 2.8LC, it's more efficient than the TVS, It runs cooler than the TVS, the rotor pack is anodized, no coating to wear or flake off, the case is billet vs cast and most importantly you can dial it up or down with a fast pully swap. Don't get me wrong for the money its a great blower, and the TVS makes great torque down low where you need it but you also have to spin it faster and add an underdrive pully to make the power of a 2.8 or 3.6. Remember heat is your enemy. Thats my 2c. Good luck with your build. :shift:

Archived