TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Value on my 08' GT 500

I need help to determine the value on my 08' Alloy/black, silver stripe GT 500. It has all the options except the shaker speakers, have the signed Dash Plaque and 20" diameter Shelby 10 spoke wheels , and Pirelli Zero tires.

It only has 400 miles on it. It has been in heated storage it's entire life, fired up and moved around, just not driven.

I checked sales on Ebay but the only comparable mileage cars were KRs.

Looking to sell, Getting a trade in proposal from a local dealer on an 14', well see how that turns out.

Opinions?

Edit, I also put in the 3.73 traction lock Ford racing axle assmbly.

2112, you said your GT500 has 20" Shelby 10 spokes? Do you mean Alcoas? If so and if you plan on trading it in I would definitely put the stock rims back on the car and keep the 20"s for your new car or sell them.

LOL, Can't avoid the rain up here unfortunately.

I did a online valuation but the lowest mileage range I could find was 5-10K. In fact one of them would not give a value if I did not put at least 5,000 miles

I am surprised they (NADA) expect a dealer to only bump it up $3K after taking it in on trade. I know a few car guys who tell me the margins on used are far superior to new.

Saw a couple nearly exactly like mine at local dealers with advertised prices in the mid-40s. I fully understand that asking and selling are not the same thing.

Ouch

Wholesale is painful. My guess those are well used 10K mile cars.

I guess go out and drive the daylights out of it put it away wet and accept $10K less at wholesale for the cost of beating the pants off it.

Not shooting the messenger, just lamenting Wholesale values.

I would think the best thing to do with a 400 mi car to maximize resell $'s would be to sell it to an individual who is looking at it more for collectability then the dealer who is just going to the wholesale side of the book for value. Depends on how fast you need to move it for the 2014.

Yeah, I thought you would say that as it is sound advice.

Talking to 2 dealers about a trade now. We'll see how it pans out. It may just go on the bay... :whistling:

I have sold several cars on EBAY, get's national exposure, almost all my deals have been outside EBAY just working with buyers on a deal both can agree on. I have also done deals where I find the buyer but the deal is worked through the new dealer, in and out deal where dealer takes car in trade so you get the tax savings and they sell it to your buyer for a small fee.

I would love to do that but if I am correct, It would require using a dealer in my state. We are still a ADM state. MSRP + $3-10K. Even on ordered GT500s.

That unfortunately wipes out the tax advantage.

Got a couple low offers. Low meaning less than the trade allowance. Lots of watchers.

I waited too long to order one according to one dealer I talked to.

He did not want them.

They just arrived, At least I did not drop another $1100 on rubber and TPMS units. :thumbsup:

BTW, Beautiful 07'-09' Stock GT 500 wheels for sale :whistling:

He did not want them.

They just arrived, At least I did not drop another $1100 on rubber and TPMS units. :thumbsup:

BTW, Beautiful 07'-09' Stock GT 500 wheels for sale :whistling:

The TPS units are on each wheel I sold you.

Archived