TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008-2009 KR Facebook group

sheppd01

I wonder if most KR owners are the type to spend time on FB. I would guess that (still) most KR owners are the type who had the discretionary income to spend $122k when new. They aren't the type to even contribute here, so I don't see how a FB page is going to get more interaction from them. Sure, there are more "enthusiast" owners now that the price came down, but are these guys even on FB that much? Regardless, unless you open the group to everyone, I think you'll see very little activity.

Also, I honestly don't know that there is much to talk about anymore. I love my KR and enjoy owning it a lot, but any questions or research you want to do can be done here by looking back at old threads dating back to the beginning.

As for myself, I already spend a lot more time on FB than I want to, so forum sites such as this are a welcome change to that.

I wonder if most KR owners are the type to spend time on FB. I would guess that (still) most KR owners are the type who had the discretionary income to spend $122k when new. They aren't the type to even contribute here, so I don't see how a FB page is going to get more interaction from them. Sure, there are more "enthusiast" owners now that the price came down, but are these guys even on FB that much? Regardless, unless you open the group to everyone, I think you'll see very little activity.

Also, I honestly don't know that there is much to talk about anymore. I love my KR and enjoy owning it a lot, but any questions or research you want to do can be done here by looking back at old threads dating back to the beginning.

As for myself, I already spend a lot more time on FB than I want to, so forum sites such as this are a welcome change to that.

All valid points.

I still love the car and love researching the history of KRs but the vibe on this site has changed for me.

Well sheppd01, you have definitely gone above and beyond on your research. I am sure many of us can appreciate all the work you have done to document the location of many of these beautiful cars. If the vibe is gone and the Facebook group doesn't hit, take a break from your research and relax a while.

I see the Shelby GTS and GT guys have a Facebook group. I put this together real quick. If you own a KR feel free to join the group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GT500KR/

Too funny, I saw others doing the same and I started this one two days ago, but hadn't got around to posting it here...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/618744681500188/

I'm definitely an enthusiast, and thanks to the posts on this site, was better informed as to the reasonable value and realistic expectations of the car last November when I pulled the trigger. I may have to create a Facebook page now, but have enjoyed following along with all Shelby owners and enthusiasts right here at teamshelby.com, and will continue to do so.

Archived