TEAM SHELBY FORUM

For Sale

Kevin07

2007 Shelby GT 500 40th Anniversary with Super Snake performance package Convertible
CSM #07XL0226
#2 of 15 at the 40th Anniversary Kick Off Party
Chosen by Carroll Shelby as the 40th Anniversary display model in the Shelby Museum from December 2007 to February 2008
605HP Super Snake Package
40th Anniversary Limited Edition Package
2730 miles
Triple Black
Manual 6spd
$68,995
Call Kevin 631 219 6921

• 4 months later...

2007 Shelby GT 500 40th Anniversary Super Snake Convertible

CSM #07XL0226

#2 of 15 at the 40th Anniversary Kick Off Party

Chosen by Carroll Shelby as the 40th Anniversary display model in the Shelby Museum from December 2007 to February 2008

605HP Super Snake Package

40th Anniversary Limited Edition Package

2430 miles

Triple Black

Manual 6spd

$82,995

Call Kevin 631 219 6921

So,did you manage to sell the car?

2007 supersnake was the only year they would allow the 40th anniv. badge in the grill. It was because it was 40th year since the 1967 supersnake.

^^^Yes, this is true, but the car was CSM'ed as a Super Snake CSM07SSxxx, not CSM07XLxxx.

I think the car by it's CSM number listed by the OP in this thread is a 40th anniv. optioned 2007 GT500 (1967-2007) for the 40th anniv. of the GT500.

Here is the 40th brochure...........

011_zps3e499431.jpg

012_zpsa8098c88.jpg

Here is the Super Snake brochure from back then............

013_zps3f3b564a.jpg

014_zps6e0420fc.jpg

There is no mention of a Super Snake upgrade or even a blower upgrade in the 40th brochure. Could a Super Snake power level blower upgrade be added to a 40th for additional $$$ while the car was at Shelby? I think that it may have been available because I have seen several advertised with either the 605 or 735 option, which leads me to believe that for additional $$$ there was a power upgrade, but that did not make it a 40th Anniv. Super Snake. The 735hp rating is also unique, as the Super Snake from this era was 605 (base option) and 725 with the KB option. I don't believe the 735's got the KB, but I am not clear as to the exact mods that got it to 735hp?

R

My son left me a 2007 shelby GT 500 super snake signed and numbered #55 new rebuilt engine has 2000 miles on it w/ 900 HP. I would like to sell the car but have no idea the best place to do this to find a buyer who would appreciate all the love and care that this car has had. Please, I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

My son left me a 2007 shelby GT 500 super snake signed and numbered #55 new rebuilt engine has 2000 miles on it w/ 900 HP. I would like to sell the car but have no idea the best place to do this to find a buyer who would appreciate all the love and care that this car has had. Please, I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

Pics and more details... I have seen them go from $82k to $95K.

The 2007-2010's Converts were originally limited to 605 horse with only the Coupes getting the bigger 725 option, later I believe the Converts moved to 630 and then possibly 660? but not until 2011 did they get the option of the bigger hp. The Converts do sell for more money usually when compared to a equal 605/630 hp Coupe, but when you get into the higher hp 2007-2010 Coupes, the price comparison changes, from what I have seen.

To the OP, was the 900hp option done at Shelby Motorsports with SM documentation for the 900hp upgrade?

R

The 2007-2010's Converts were originally limited to 605 horse with only the Coupes getting the bigger 725 option, later I believe the Converts moved to 630 and then possibly 660? but not until 2011 did they get the option of the bigger hp. The Converts do sell for more money usually when compared to a equal 605/630 hp Coupe, but when you get into the higher hp 2007-2010 Coupes, the price comparison changes, from what I have seen.

To the OP, was the 900hp option done at Shelby Motorsports with SM documentation for the 900hp upgrade?

R

The other reason why the price is so high on that Super Snake is because it is at RK Motors. Everything over there is inflated. They have nice cars, but you will pay a premium price for it.

I always thought that you couldn't combine packages....meaning that it has to either be a 40th anniversary or a supersnake, I didn't think it could be both.

40th Anniversary cars were offered the power upgrade package that is the super snake power package

• 3 weeks later...

40th Anniversary cars were offered the power upgrade package that is the super snake power package

As I recall, they were depicted by Shelby as "40th Anniversary with Super Snake upgrades" (same difference).

You could get the 605 FMS or 725 KB and/or the Baer brake upgrade.

It makes for a real stealthy "Super Snake" unfortunately, the public seems to haven't yet noticed these cars as much different than a stock GT500 it seems (except the guy who recently bought the white one at auction for $66,000 so there's hope).

• 4 months later...

As I recall, they were depicted by Shelby as "40th Anniversary with Super Snake upgrades" (same difference).

You could get the 605 FMS or 725 KB and/or the Baer brake upgrade.

It makes for a real stealthy "Super Snake" unfortunately, the public seems to haven't yet noticed these cars as much different than a stock GT500 it seems (except the guy who recently bought the white one at auction for $66,000 so there's hope).

^^^I just read this reply..............I am not sure, but did these cars get a KB blower? or was it the 7xx power level with a different blower and a small pulley and not KB?

R

^^^I just read this reply..............I am not sure, but did these cars get a KB blower? or was it the 7xx power level with a different blower and a small pulley and not KB?

R

They got the same KB blower but not badged "Super Snake".

• 1 month later...

They got the same KB blower but not badged "Super Snake".

The early ones were Dan.

Don's (Cobra Fan) car is SS scripted as are a few other ones (Blondia, etc) that I've seen (mine too but it's the proverbial "factory mess-up" lol).

The early ones were Dan.

Don's (Cobra Fan) car is SS scripted as are a few other ones (Blondia, etc) that I've seen (mine too but it's the proverbial "factory mess-up" lol).

I may be wrong, however, I think what Dan is saying is that the car wasn't badged a super snake.

Supersnake power package is one thing, it's another to call a 40th a supersnake!

I may be wrong, however, I think what Dan is saying is that the car wasn't badged a super snake.

Supersnake power package is one thing, it's another to call a 40th a supersnake!

Now that you mention it, I think you're right. I was sure that Dan had seen Don's car.

My apologies Dan!

Archived