TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Red 09' GT500KR F/S 1200 Miles

Going for one of those non-clone-able GT350's. :) I'll give you my hood for free if you buy the rest of the car Snake Handler! Let's do a deal!

Frank, that's beautiful car! Its also the right color so I wont have to repaint the hood, but I think the girlfriends would get mad if I part the rest out. I will keep looking and waiting for one of those unobtainium hoods to fall out the back of the moving truck on its way to SAI's new headquarters.

Good Luck with the sale.

Frank, that's beautiful car! Its also the right color so I wont have to repaint the hood, but I think the girlfriends would get mad if I part the rest out. I will keep looking and waiting for one of those unobtainium hoods to fall out the back of the moving truck on its way to SAI's new headquarters.

Good Luck with the sale.

Snake Handler..... why part it out?

You could add every single KR factory part to your torch red vert, the air filter box, the badges, the strut tower brace, the sway bars, the shocks and struts, the catch can, the diff cover, the V6 spoiler ......even the CSM plate in the engine bay that everyone knows - really powers the car.

The only KR vert in existence!

When the glory and fame at the car shows became too much of a burden, you could convert it all back to the super low mileage coupe sitting in your garage under the tarp - call Mustangs and Fast Fords telling them you had a barn find......cash your chips out........ and buy that island. :)

Your selling the KR for a GT350????

Really????

No I was only kidding about the GT350. Though have you seen any significant parts released from Shelby for a GT350? I've been waffling back and forth selling it. I think recent events have convinced me it's time. Not going to give it away though. And now is not the best time for a sale. So I've buffed it up and tucked it in for the winter.

No I was only kidding about the GT350. Though have you seen any significant parts released from Shelby for a GT350? I've been waffling back and forth selling it. I think recent events have convinced me it's time. Not going to give it away though. And now is not the best time for a sale. So I've buffed it up and tucked it in for the winter.

Frank: I think the GT350 is OK. Doesn't really do much for me. Don't really care for the looks of it. Too "boy racer" for me. Also they continue to make them as post title packages and will continue to do so. Expect a 2014 GT350, an '015 etc...They make them in all colors of the rainbow now both in coupe and vert.

Honestly, I would prefer to have a Boss 302. Two year production run. Done.

As to SAI selling off proprietary KR stuff. Not really that surprised. They are no different than any other business enterprise. They are going to do what's best for them first. If they want to unload inventory or need to don't expect them to really care about what they told us. Their failure to even respond to the issue says it all. Yes, I am turned off too but that doesn't take away the fact that the KR is a great piece and manufactured in limited numbers.

The GT350 is a different animal. It is a post title program not pre-title like the KR. KR is likely the last pre-title car you will ever see coming from SAI. As the KR was a pre-title car I am pretty sure they were required to carry a certain amount of replacement parts for the car per Federal regulation. Guess, the time has come they can unload some of that stuff so they did regardless of what they represented to KR owners. They could have approached it differently by providing KR owners first crack at a discount before dumping them. Oh well.

I don't think they have to stock parts with the GT350 like they did with the KR so likely you won't see them unloading GT350 stuff.

Bottom line....and I agree with whoever said this....is that anyone can clone a KR with whatever parts they can get. It will still not be a KR. There are only 1600 of those in the world. Less now with attrition. Only 212 in red. Further, imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

I love my KR and can't think of any car under $100,000.00 I'd trade it for.

I've driven both on street and track. The GT350 is a great car. Its extremely fast and capable. The KR, as has been said by several publications, is what the regular GT500 should have been. It is extremely competent on track and on the street. The GT350 is a bit less common, although common is not a term I would use for either. The KR has plenty of potential for more power, at a lower cost point. Id have a hard time letting go of my KR. If I had a Red one (Im a red fan) there is no way I could do that. But, to each his own. Its not like you can go wrong with either. I will be waiting on the new GT350, I expect its capability will easily exceed the current model

How does NADA come up with those figures? It has the "Low Retail" value of the 2008 KR as $73,400 yet the 2009 KR "Low Retail" as $46,400. I did notice the 2008 reflects the KR as supercharged and the 2009 does not reflect the same.

• 3 months later...

Archived