TEAM SHELBY FORUM

considering trade

idareu

Traded my 08 in for a 13 GT500 and am very happy with my decision, but I would honestly say that I would not have traded it for a Camaro. I like Chevy. I even own a 73 Vette Stingray with the 454. I would still suggest keeping the 08 or trading for a 13 or 14 GT500.

Does the 2013 have those New tail-lights that look like they came off the Malibu? I could not do it, I can not stand the interior and that has to be one of the worst blind spots in a car today.

Why not go for a Boss 302 or GT500 again???

Trade for a Z06 or used ZR1 "maybe", a camaro - NO WAY.

Low mile cars really piss you off.

:whistling:

Well Rob I just had this conversation about mileage with some of my Texas friends last weekend. Time is the enemy of cars and people, mileage just keeps track of how much fun you have had with your car and your life. If our 07 had only 8000 miles on it, we would have not met you, I would have not tracked our car in Vegas or on the original Pomona track, met Carroll, Parnelie, Don the Snake, Bill Neil, and a all of my Shelby Friends. I do not call them miles but Smiles and I have lots of them. So it does not make me pissed off, but just sad that folks miss all the fun by not driving them. Our 13 left home last week with 2400 miles and now has 6600 smiles on it. You have to drive theses cars till the Wheels fall off fix them and do it again. Carroll wanted us to drive theses cars and Lisa and I are doing our best to do his bidding.

Track time at the 50th in Vegas next April who knows who we will meet and maybe Garry Paterson will drive our 13 on the track there with me as a passenger, that would be one hell of a ride (hope I don't loose my cookies).

Glen

There is a 08 black GT500 convertible with half your mileage on a dealer lot locally, and they are only asking 33K Cdn for it.

To be honest with you, as a long time Chevy owner/modder, I wouldn't trade my 08 for any newer Camaro, Corvette etc.

Ford did the best job of bringing in the right amount of retro look into the newer cars, and Shelby definitely raised the bar on it.

If you are looking for more performance, that is exactly what they make aftermarket parts for :)

The really cool part is you can get that performance, and not compromise oem looks or driveability either.

Your choice though.

take this from me, my older brother owns a 2012 camaro ss transformers edition, i am a new shelby owner picking up my car soon, i know its not an exact comparison to a zl1 (ZL1 a lil faster than ss), but all i can say is "YOU WILL REGRET IT". My brother has had his car for about 8 months and i only drove it 3-4 times and i dont even get a feeling to go drive it, the visibility is COMPLETE ****. The interior is ok but u really feel like your in some bunker, my personal opinion having driven both cars, i would never take the camaro, also you can feel the extra weight of the camaro, and when you look at both cars side by side the camaro looks more bulky.

just to prove im not lying or anything heres a pic of my shelby and his camaro in garage.

http://imageshack.us/f/593/owo7.jpg/

Would love to help yo with this, but never seen one up close, they are usually in my rear view mirror and fading pretty fast, so I really couldn't offer you any comparasion!!

:rob_grabber:

But I would do the trade, and ask the dealer for about $30k plus that other car, so you can go get another Shelby...

• 1 month later...

Having an early 07, and being here from the beginning, I can tell you I bleed Performance white, like Grabber bleeds Grabber Orange and some other old soreheads do with their colors as well.

I've owned Chevys my entire life and enjoy them (have one now I'm rebuilding for the second time around), but nothing new has come up that would make me switch. I still roll into a parking lot or Sonic on a Friday night and people walk right past Z06s and Camaros to talk to me about the Shelby. It has a history, mystique and respect all it's own.

With that being said, perhaps you're asking the wrong question of this forum. Perhaps it should be, what will the Camaro be worth when I want to trade it for another Shelby GT500?

Pondering.gif

I would wait on the 15 GT350! Price range should be similar to the ZL1. If you still insist on Chevy, I would focus on the new Stingray or the Z28. Both are better on paper than the ZL1.

To answer your question, low mileage 08 Verts are going for low 30's(retail) in SE VA. My guess is you would have to come up with $25k and your car on a trade. 13 ZL1's are going for $45-$50k here.

Archived