TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Shelby GT

totljag

I just Purchase new tires and wanted to get a front end alignment on my 2007 Shelby GT , I belive it as been lowerd 2 inches, they only had specs for the Mustang GT and the Gt 500 , How do I get my car alignment specs ? Or where can I get my car alined , thanks .

damn good question. I'm pretty sure I've read that SAI did not perform a new alignment after changing out the suspension components and lowering the ride height. Why not?

Three possible answers:

1. They never thought about it.

2. They did not want to spend the money.

3. It wasnt necessary.

Having said that, my 2007 Shelby GT has never been aligned since if left the Ford factory and has had no issues related to alignement.

Well , the front struts are not adjustable for camber and or caster with the fixed top strut mount and the rear is a fixed solid axle with non-adjustable control arms so the only thing that is adjustable would have been the front toe settings when SAI put in the lowering struts and springs . That and the panard bar in which some got bent to center the rear axle assembly by who knows whom was all that would have been done to keep costs and turn around time to a minimum . JMO The specs for the 2008 Bullitt would be appropriate for aligning a Shelby GT due to the ride height and tire sizes which coincide with the GT. Alignment specs are a generality and have a range so it's only a reference to go off of .

The Shelby GT has a MUCH lower ride height than the Bullitt. They did not get the FRRP suspension.

That's what I thought too, but did not know for sure.

I bought new tires for mine and had the dealer align my SGT before a track weekend and they did a fantastic job. At 125 on the straight away I had no issues at all...and at that speed I would have easily noticed. I also went to 255/45/18 on original rims at same time. They performed great in the curves as well.

Andy

Yes they were all the same on all 4. I recently upgraded to the KR rims and kept one pair of 255s for the front and bought a new pair of 275/40/R18's for the rears -- BF Goodrich Sport Comp 2s again. The 255s were so fantastic on the original 18 x 8.5 rims that I wanted to stick with them.

Shoot me your email to AndyGJ@bellsouth.net and I will see if I can send you some pics. To me, they were the perfect size and combo for the SGT. I felt the amount that they came out from the rim was perfect to protect the rim and offer great lateral cornering support....worked awesome at the track at 37 psi in all 4 on nitrogen fill from the dealership.

If you lived close I would let you borrow the two spares to see if you liked the look. The ride was no different from the original 235s but cornering grip and stopping were improved. I think the mpg is down some but also be sure reprogram your tire size with your handheld SCT X3 so the speedo will read correct. The 255s were slightly smaller but enough to cause a decent difference in the speedo from the actual pace.

Would still be on the 4 wheels and tires if I didn't get lucky enough to get a set of KR rims.

Andy

its the camber and caster I am worried about , te inside tread of my last set of tires were wearing wrong, there is no adjustment for tis unless u buy camber plates from American muscle , 300 bucks , I called Shelby and 1 guy told me oh there is a bar code under your hood have them go by that, I was like oh ok , went inside , no bar code, then it took 2 days to get a hold of a tech , and he tells me any guy that know what he is doing can alighn the car lol , that is totally false most , most front end alignment guys sell u tires and set the toe and let u go , but for tires wearing out and at high speed that I drive 130 -150 u need ur cast and camber dialed in , just put a set of Michilan AS3 on my car , bad ass tires state of the art , 1 k , I wanna get the life out of them !

Archived