TEAM SHELBY FORUM

There Here!!!!

VorpalBunny

3rd Terlingua for my 500, prob the last, just a warning, be looking for the Easter Bunny next year, wasn't quite ready, but she's a show stopper!

Vorpal, our room was great, requesting it for next year, and yes, we will be rocking the love shack in alpine....

Doc Scott and Rebel

Excellent! :thumbsup:

Epic.

Epic until your vehicle ended up other than on all four wheels. Perhaps you would like to tell the world about event that before anyone else (like me) does. And, yes, it was Sean's fault.

Jim

Epic until your vehicle ended up other than on all four wheels. Perhaps you would like to tell the world about event that before anyone else (like me) does. And, yes, it was Sean's fault.

Jim

Wow Jim! Amazing how much havoc I can cause from 1/4 mile away! :hysterical: But, I am used to it by now.....

"What happens in Terlingua will not be believed by anybody anyways!"

That is the truest statement ever made. That is why everyone should get down there at least one time. On paper, one might not see the value in making the trip. Driving home after the event, you are stuck trying to figure out how to explain to those back home what all happened and why it was so much fun.

My true, but won't be believed, story had my right front TPMS sensor band give up the ghost at 150 mph on the speed run. Knowing something sure as heck had happened (although I did not figure it out until later), we backed the car to 120 and the vibration stopped. Still having 7 or 8 miles of road at hand, we took it back up slowly to 172. The car still had more left but Sean's words at the driver's meeting were ringing in my ear about listening to that little voice inside us all as to when to call it a day. I look at it this way - I have something to look forward to next year.

Jim

That is the truest statement ever made. That is why everyone should get down there at least one time. On paper, one might not see the value in making the trip. Driving home after the event, you are stuck trying to figure out how to explain to those back home what all happened and why it was so much fun.

My true, but won't be believed, story had my right front TPMS sensor band give up the ghost at 150 mph on the speed run. Knowing something sure as heck had happened (although I did not figure it out until later), we backed the car to 120 and the vibration stopped. Still having 7 or 8 miles of road at hand, we took it back up slowly to 172. The car still had more left but Sean's words at the driver's meeting were ringing in my ear about listening to that little voice inside us all as to when to call it a day. I look at it this way - I have something to look forward to next year.

Jim

Well said Jim!

David

what an incredible weekend.

I already cant wait for next year.

My son Mike had his first Terlingua and is already planning on driving his Mustang out next year.

5020 miles. 10 days on the road with my son. My 4th Terlingua.

Getting to spend a fantastic time with the greatest folks on the planet.

Running the crap out of my car......

laughing all the way.

Loved the Apple Pie dessert.

Thanks David, Sean, Warren, Jim, Rick and Jim and the entire Board and all those that help make this the best event on anyones calender.

great total for the charity......so proud to be a part of this annual pilgrimage to our little slice of paradise.

Terlingua Forever~

My first Terlingua! I think We'll be more prepared next years, this was my first performance driving event.

Thanks, to every one there from Kathryn and I (if you were there you know why)

The day at the airport was awesome, the speed run even more so. didn't think I'd hit the limiter at 150mph+ but I did.

Next year, that will be gone with a good tune and a CAI. Also I'll remember to get a GPS, or at least an i-phone app so exact speed can be identified.

Got home without incident, as I hope all our new friends did.

DSC07305_zps494461e6.jpg

DSC07306_zpsbe4e28f8.jpg

DSC07310_zps92d9bc12.jpg

DSC07317_zps8f846da5.jpgDSC07322_zps7d4b0b73.jpgDSC07328_zps83044271.jpg
DSC07345_zps66d44dd7.jpgDSC07350_zpsced31049.jpgDSC07357_zpsbf24bb2c.jpgDSC07386_zpsa9d53f33.jpgDSC07402_zps62ddc5ac.jpg

What happened?

Following a silver bunny, stone off the stripe and on to wind shield

caught a nail in the centre of rear tire plugged and patched but no speed run. Airport still lots of fun crazy gears in the 13s 130 in 3rd at 6500 rpm in 1/2, redline in second 10 feet before cones in the 1/4 wow.

Thats why we have ins.

All good will do it again next year

next year no speed limiter and new tires look out record

Jim

my 07 lost one at around 165 a few years back scarry as hell

just cut those band off and push the reset every time you start her

Jim

Well said Jim. I've been very fortunate to attend most all Shelby events and Terlingua is by far my favorite.

Well organized, diversified and fun! Great job Warren, Sean, David, Jim and Rick plus thanks to Dave's Stable hospitality.

Thank you to those that drove so far - good company and new friends - just what a car deal should be.

And thanks for the photos - a skill I don't have but very glad others do.

My only complaint - the jars shared Friday night needed Warning Labels!

Ready for T14!

what an incredible weekend.

I already cant wait for next year.

My son Mike had his first Terlingua and is already planning on driving his Mustang out next year.

5020 miles. 10 days on the road with my son. My 4th Terlingua.

Getting to spend a fantastic time with the greatest folks on the planet.

Running the crap out of my car......

laughing all the way.

Loved the Apple Pie dessert.

Thanks David, Sean, Warren, Jim, Rick and Jim and the entire Board and all those that help make this the best event on anyones calender.

great total for the charity......so proud to be a part of this annual pilgrimage to our little slice of paradise.

Terlingua Forever~

Michael,

You da man! Well said! :thumbsup:

My first Terlingua! I think We'll be more prepared next years, this was my first performance driving event.

Thanks, to every one there from Kathryn and I (if you were there you know why)

The day at the airport was awesome, the speed run even more so. didn't think I'd hit the limiter at 150mph+ but I did.

Next year, that will be gone with a good tune and a CAI. Also I'll remember to get a GPS, or at least an i-phone app so exact speed can be identified.

Got home without incident, as I hope all our new friends did.

DSC07305_zps494461e6.jpg

DSC07306_zpsbe4e28f8.jpg

DSC07310_zps92d9bc12.jpg

DSC07317_zps8f846da5.jpgDSC07322_zps7d4b0b73.jpgDSC07328_zps83044271.jpg

DSC07345_zps66d44dd7.jpgDSC07350_zpsced31049.jpgDSC07357_zpsbf24bb2c.jpgDSC07386_zpsa9d53f33.jpgDSC07402_zps62ddc5ac.jpg

Dr W,

We are so glad to have met and enjoyed hosting you both! You are alumni now and will always have a place at Terlingua!

David

Following a silver bunny, stone off the stripe and on to wind shield

caught a nail in the centre of rear tire plugged and patched but no speed run. Airport still lots of fun crazy gears in the 13s 130 in 3rd at 6500 rpm in 1/2, redline in second 10 feet before cones in the 1/4 wow.

Thats why we have ins.

All good will do it again next year

next year no speed limiter and new tires look out record

Way to Go G & L! :drool:

Well organized, diversified and fun! Great job Warren, Sean, David, Jim and Rick plus thanks to Dave's Stable hospitality.

Thank you to those that drove so far - good company and new friends - just what a car deal should be.

And thanks for the photos - a skill I don't have but very glad others do.

My only complaint - the jars shared Friday night needed Warning Labels!

Ready for T14!

Donny - well said indeed! Come on T14!

David

Wow I wish I could have been there with my Bunny :)

Sharon, we missed you as well.

Please let me know if you interested for T14. You can always PM or email ne vorpl8@yahoo.com been to long since we have seen you and Robert and the Yellow rabbit in Terlingua.

David

Archived