TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking for any and all input on this 66 GT350 for sale

Please do check it out guys!!

I would really really really appreciate all input!!

Also if anyone knows a Shelby expert appraiser in that are pm me info please.

If you don't want to post your observations here please pm me.

I have a deal going with seller on car, obviously I want to make sure it is what it is first.

I am unable to leave town this weekend otherwise I'd join you guys.

Seller is a decent guy to deal with and so is Adam Mohr.

Again thanks!

what concerns me from images is what is under paintwork and also just how exstensive is the rust on floor pans? Surface or structural.

Car is set up how I would set one up myself. So originality is not the driving threshold for me. However I also would like to know what is missing if original parts are not on car.

Love Team Shelby! Thanks fellow Shelby folks!

If you are unfamiliar with 1966 GT350, contact NorCal SAAC. Experts aplenty. And get a copy of the SAAC Shelby Registry for 1966. Lots of details that make the difference in a inspection and transaction. There is way too much to go over here. Just because it is a Shelby GT350 does not automatically give it high value. Value, yes, but the condition and parts are paramount. Sometimes a modified clone for the track is a better deal. Good luck.

If I was able to buy it, I would make it a track car. I would save as many original parts and put them on the shelf. Then I would modify "tastefully". What better than to have a track car that is a real GT 350. Besides, if you have an opportunity to buy a real one, go for it. My opinion is if it is all about the money, then don't buy it. If you always wanted one and plan on actually driving one, then go for it.

Car is needing previously noted items.

Bondo in rear quarters. I am passing.

Appraised by AAC the company and appraiser who appraised the LeMay collection here in WA State.

Did he/she appraise the car (provide a value or fair price?) If so are you willing to share? I would think it was south of 99K.

Noticed car is gone. Did you buy it?

Did he/she appraise the car (provide a value or fair price?) If so are you willing to share? I would think it was south of 99K.

I did not buy it. For the coin, its not the car for me pm sent with master appraisers appraisal price, I want to be respectful to seller.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

standard.jpg

"

Chris@SecretCarClub.com

NEW

1966 Shelby Mustang GT350H
This is a documented original car in the Shelby Registry.
Numbers matching, with a completely rebuilt drive train.
Price includes a Paxton Supercharger installed by the original owner.
Numerous award winner.
US $130,000 o.b.o

"

Well, you said "Any and all..."

standard.jpg

"

Chris@SecretCarClub.com

NEW

1966 Shelby Mustang GT350H

This is a documented original car in the Shelby Registry.

Numbers matching, with a completely rebuilt drive train.

Price includes a Paxton Supercharger installed by the original owner.

Numerous award winner.

US $130,000 o.b.o

"

Well, you said "Any and all..."

I need to hit the lotto. Very nice.

Don't buy a rusty car. There are quite a few for sale and its worth waiting for the most solid one you can find. It's VERY hard to sell a rusty or incorrect Shelby. Everyone says they want one but when it comes down to spending 100k plus they get very serious. Missing motor/trans/rust this car should be 50k. The folks on the Shelby forums for early cars would tear this car apart. They get very serious when talking values on projects. Dealers are making the market and thus the cheaper projects get bought and then marked up which makes it appear that's what the cars are worth. This car would eat 60-80k in restoration costs and be worth 125k when done

I bought a VERY solid 1/50 Red 4Spd 66 GT350s about 8 months ago. It was taken apart in the early 80s and never moved until I bought it. It is sitting in A shop near Orlando Florida. I would entertain selling if you want a self assemble. Car was inspected/collected and is stored by an MCA concours restorer. Some sub assemblies are built. Everything labeled and even have a photo of the car before disassembly. I would entertain selling if this is something of interest

80k USD

Collection would be about 25mi from Orlando. Car is completely apart. Neatly boxed and labelled. Engine is a rebuilt short block and all parts.

Very solid car. I would have not taken it apart but the PO wanted a concours car so he tore apart a lovely driver to do so.

I have not got the space at the moment or if would be in the UK with me getting assembled.

Cheers. Peter

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Don't buy a rusty car. There are quite a few for sale and its worth waiting for the most solid one you can find. It's VERY hard to sell a rusty or incorrect Shelby. Everyone says they want one but when it comes down to spending 100k plus they get very serious. Missing motor/trans/rust this car should be 50k. The folks on the Shelby forums for early cars would tear this car apart. They get very serious when talking values on projects. Dealers are making the market and thus the cheaper projects get bought and then marked up which makes it appear that's what the cars are worth. This car would eat 60-80k in restoration costs and be worth 125k when done

I bought a VERY solid 1/50 Red 4Spd 66 GT350s about 8 months ago. It was taken apart in the early 80s and never moved until I bought it. It is sitting in A shop near Orlando Florida. I would entertain selling if you want a self assemble. Car was inspected/collected and is stored by an MCA concours restorer. Some sub assemblies are built. Everything labeled and even have a photo of the car before disassembly. I would entertain selling if this is something of interest

Hey P Mustang, How did you determine that your 350 is a one of fifty? Just curious as I also have a red 4 speed (1117). Hope that OTC wheel worked out as well.

Archived