TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Final Grand-Am Race

ilmor

I'm at Lime Rock for the last-ever Grand Am race...Daytona Prototypes and the Continental Tire Series. Grand Am and the ALMS are combining to become the Tudor United Sportscar Series. The combined series will not be returning to Lime Rock next year! I'm going to miss it; I've really enjoyed those races here, camped right next to the track. :-(

Disappointed to see some great tracks will not be used by the new series, but overall I am looking forward to 2014. ALMS and Grand Am were both needing a boost and I think the combined series will be much stronger.

I just saw the Roush Racing Ford Mustang beat a Camaro on the last lap in the last ever Grand Am GS race. Guys...it just doesnt get any better than that!!!

Thanks. Does this mean the Continental Tire event & Mothers sponsored car gathering in September is done? Did not see it on the schedule.

I can't say for sure until the absolute final Continental series schedule is out, but probably so. With the combined new series, some events obviously had to go away. Most races will be combined United Sports Car Racing events with the new Tudor series and the Continental together, but that has not been released in final detail yet.

I heard at the track yesterday that, in order for Lime Rock to get a United SportsCar race, they would need to make major improvements to the tune of $40 + million bucks. That ain't gonna happen, I'm quite sure. It will be interesting to see what gets placed on their future schedule.

Archived