TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Link to Dodge Shelby Photos thread

Wayne in NJ

Cool pics buts lots of bad information.

Carroll's involvement with Chrysler ended in 1992 so sorry but the Shelby Durango and Shelby Viper were not Shelby builds. And the person that claims that Shelby disavowed his involvement with Chrysler is just false.

I guess the person that claims Shelby never built vehicles in numbers smaller than 500 nor greater than 1,000 never heard of the Shelby Dakota (1,500 built) or the Shelby Can-Am.

And what's a Dodge Shadow GLHS ? If the Shelby Dodge cars are ever to get more respect then the enthusiasts are going to need to step up to the plate and learn the history of the cars.

Again cool pics.

Steve

Cool pics buts lots of bad information.

Carroll's involvement with Chrysler ended in 1992 so sorry but the Shelby Durango and Shelby Viper were not Shelby builds. And the person that claims that Shelby disavowed his involvement with Chrysler is just false.

I guess the person that claims Shelby never built vehicles in numbers smaller than 500 nor greater than 1,000 never heard of the Shelby Dakota (1,500 built) or the Shelby Can-Am.

And what's a Dodge Shadow GLHS ? If the Shelby Dodge cars are ever to get more respect then the enthusiasts are going to need to step up to the plate and learn the history of the cars.

Again cool pics.

Steve

Thanks for your candid comments Steve. I too cringed when I read some of the posts that accompanied the pics as I recognized the mis-information immediately. But indeed, they are cool pics!

I took all the comments in that thread with a grain of salt, and let the pictures speak for themselves. My take on the thread is that they were from a Chrysler enthusiast who toured Whittier back in the day, not specifically a Shelby Dodge enthusiast. I'm just glad that the poster took the time and effort to share these pictures with those of us who are SD enthusiasts.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived