TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bad camaro experience=2012 500 vert.

nm1459

New around here thought I would say hi. I purchased a new 2010 Camaro and couldn't keep it on the road so to speak. Last summer it had 11 000 $ worth of service and was at the dealer for a month. Bought a gt 500 and couldn't be happier.

Don't feel bad. The rest of us got hosed for $50B and they STILL turn out crap for the most part. And any decent cars GM DOES make can command about 50% or less of its class competitors based upon aspirational value alone.

New around here thought I would say hi. I purchased a new 2010 Camaro and couldn't keep it on the road so to speak. Last summer it had 11 000 $ worth of service and was at the dealer for a month. Bought a gt 500 and couldn't be happier.

Don't feel bad. The rest of us got hosed for $50B and they STILL turn out crap for the most part. And any decent cars GM DOES make can command about 50% or less of its class competitors based upon aspirational value alone.

It is really nice that you have returned from the Dark Side !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 months later...

I can relate. I've always been a bowtie man; still have my 70 Chevelle SS. My first newer Ford was an 06 Mustang GT. I thought it was the best bang for the buck, and I thought Ford did a nice job on the redesign. In thinking about retirement, I traded my 06 GT in for a new 2012 GT. Well; 6 months later (March 2013) a car dealer buddy called me and said "you've got to get down here" which is never a good thing to hear from a car dealer (grin). The next moring I headed into town and 5 hours later I drove off with a 2010 GT 500 with only 3,500 miles, still had the platic stuck to the floor. Everyone, and I do mean everyone I've given a ride too has said the same thing "H O L Y S H I T". : ) Yeah, the GT 500 fn rocks!

Somewhere in there I also acquired a 1983 F150 4X4. Damn thing only had 58K miles, less than 20K miles on the motor and came with a three ring binder that held every reciept ever done on the truck, including the original window sticker. I'm having a hard time convincing folks anymore that I'm a bowtie man. Denial ya think? LOL

Archived