TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 KR Trashed

KR09

Trashed?

I was expecting to see a car that was totaled in some way.

Guys all he did was plasti-dip the badges.

That stuff can be taken off in about five minutes.

Headlights are just tint.... calm down it'll be ok.

Maybe I'm too old to be into things like tinted lights; not much function there. I come from an era where window glass was something to see through.

The car has been "murdered out" which is a ghetto term, and style. I want to be as far away from anything ghetto as possible. Not my taste, that's for sure. :)

Yea, it's just a little plasti-dip. NO big deal. I actually think it would look even better with the matte black stripes, too. To be truly murdered out, the glossy paint would have to be all flat - glad that didn't happen. Still, the car would be EASILY put back to stock with little effort. Those rear louvers have to go, though!

Maybe I'm too old to be into things like tinted lights; not much function there. I come from an era where window glass was something to see through.

The car has been "murdered out" which is a ghetto term, and style. I want to be as far away from anything ghetto as possible. Not my taste, that's for sure. :)

Yeah I wouldn't have done it either. I don't like the back window louvers either, but all of it is very easily undone. So "trashed" seems a bit much to me.

The stripes will be expensive to replace. Wonder if he sold his original wheels for those fugly Asanti ghetto cruisers?

I would have to guess the wheels were sanded to remove any trace of the Durabrite finish and spray painted or plasti-dipped matte black. The only thing this car is lacking is a set of curb feelers, fuzzy dice and hydraulics to get this car to the final level of ghetto fabulous.

I would have to guess the wheels were sanded to remove any trace of the Durabrite finish and spray painted or plasti-dipped matte black. The only thing this car is lacking is a set of curb feelers, fuzzy dice and hydraulics to get this car to the final level of ghetto fabulous.

:hysterical: . Almost lost my morning coffee with that one.

At least the interior and engine bay are untouched. All it needs is a stripe kit or paint the stripes on, KR wheels, restore the emblems, take tint off, remove the louvers. Probably about $5-6 grand to fix.

Did anyone see that stock red KR on eBay last week for $44,950 with 4,800 miles that sold off-site probably for around that amount? That looked like a good deal. :thumbsup:

If you take the notion of flipping this black car to make a few thousand out of the picture, I personally wouldn't pay more than $35,000 for it. Who knows what else that owner did to mess with it? AND it's one of the highest-mileage KR's to be offered for sale, so don't forget to factor that.

I can't imagine being seen behind the wheel of that thing for 15,000 miles. :lol:

They must have either added the Navigation or the Shaker sub. It couldn't have come from the factory like that.

It came with the Shaker 1000 the Nav was added by owner.

The car was for sale in FL last year for a $1,000 more with 1,000 less miles on it.

Archived