TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 GT500 Supercharger on my 2011 GT500

yell03

If I buy a 2013 OEM supercharger off of a used 2013 GT500, will it just swap on to my 2011 GT500.

It would come with the elbow and stock TB plus the belt from the 2013.

Do I need anything else?

How about:

Fuel rail with crossovericon1.png, P/N DR3Z-9F792-B , provides adequate clearance to supercharger
•Fuel injector retainer clips

I see this in all the ads for new ones?

I have a '13 Supercharger on my '07 I bought from Tousely Ford. It came with the fuel rail and crossover I can give you, if you want it. You pay shipping.

thanks, I will gladly do that if I get the supercharger.

I will know soon

• 2 months later...

Just curious here...Is this a direct swap? I have a 2012 GT500 and thought it would take getting a new tune as well to go with the swap. What is the big difference between the 2012 and 2013 superchargers? Is it worth trying to pick one up and make the swap? Would be kind of odd to have the 5.8 on the S/C on a 5.4 motor though...

Just curious here...Is this a direct swap? I have a 2012 GT500 and thought it would take getting a new tune as well to go with the swap. What is the big difference between the 2012 and 2013 superchargers? Is it worth trying to pick one up and make the swap? Would be kind of odd to have the 5.8 on the S/C on a 5.4 motor though...

It is a direct swap, but you will need a new tune, I have a Lund Tune.

All you need is the 2013 TVS and Elbow, all else stays from your car.

My car made 590rwhp SAE on the same day a stock 2013 GT500 made 568rwhp.

The power difference is amazing.

I believe the stock supercharger is a 1.9 and this is a 2.3.

October122013004_zpsf76f64df.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Yell03,

Did you use your belt and throttle body or the 2013? Is the 2013 throttle body larger and do you know if it is a single or twin valve? If you can get the 2013 throttle body with the TVS, would it be beneficial to use it? I am looking to do this same mod, but still new and researching it.

Thanks,

HouTex 2012 vert

Hey Yell03,

Did you use your belt and throttle body or the 2013? Is the 2013 throttle body larger and do you know if it is a single or twin valve? If you can get the 2013 throttle body with the TVS, would it be beneficial to use it? I am looking to do this same mod, but still new and researching it.

Thanks,

HouTex 2012 vert

I used my old belt and my old TB.

The 13 TVS came with a 13 TB, but it is the same exact TB as my 2011 or your 2012, it is a 60mm twin.

Also, the new TVS came with the belt, but it was not worth taking my old belt off as it is snug as is, no belt slip.

All you want is the 13 TVS and the 13 elbow. Then get a tune from Lund or VMP and you will be happy.

You can add an aftermarket Ford racing 65mm tb and make an additional 20rwhp, but the car is crazy fast already, I have traction problems as is.

• 2 weeks later...

I used my old belt and my old TB.

The 13 TVS came with a 13 TB, but it is the same exact TB as my 2011 or your 2012, it is a 60mm twin.

Also, the new TVS came with the belt, but it was not worth taking my old belt off as it is snug as is, no belt slip.

All you want is the 13 TVS and the 13 elbow. Then get a tune from Lund or VMP and you will be happy.

You can add an aftermarket Ford racing 65mm tb and make an additional 20rwhp, but the car is crazy fast already, I have traction problems as is.

Stock pulley on the TVS as well?

• 4 weeks later...

do you get that great whine out of the 2013 tvs with this swap

Not loud like a 03 Cobra whine, but it sounds nice,

I have been wanting to do this as well.........

It is a great mod

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived