TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New member today from Summerville, SC

Richard Davies

Believe this or not. I have always loved the sound of the Shelby. The last week in May one pasted me on the on ramp to I-26 in Summerville. That convinced me that I wanted one. I search the inet for a 2008. I found a 2008 Shelby GT500 convertible Black in Celina, OH. The owner bought it in 2007. It had 900 miles on it and never exposed to rain and never had the top down. It was in pristine condition of course being garage kept.

I wanted to get a little more sound out of it. I bought a 11750 which has too much drone in 5th & 6th between 1600 and 2000. Shelby told me I need the 140210 cat back XR-1 Sport with X-pipe. They install it on the Super Snakes with no complaints, but couldn't guarantee no drone. 2007tungstenGT500 on Shelby forum said there is drone with the 140210. I'm in a dilemma, I don't what to do. Help!!!

Welcome to Team Shelby and congratulations on your new ride. I would highly recommend the Corsa Xtreme axle backs. They have that old school deep sound and there is no drone at all. You can find sound clips on YouTube. BTW, it is a very simple DIY install.

Congrats!

On my 09' I went a modified pair from someone here on TS. Can't recall. Too much drone. I then switched to Corsa Touring. No drone at all. Almost the same at idle vs stock mufflers, louder/deeper when driving vs stock mufflers. Not too loud though. If I were to do mufflers on my 14, which I'm not, it would be Corsa.

Archived