TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking for Silver GT500KR

czardoz1

• 3 weeks later...

If warranty is what you want, Spikes Ford in Mission, Texas has one on the showroom that has never been sold and has the full warranty. I am sure if someone makes a decent offer they will bite. It's a 2009 and the fastest color of all...red! It had about 200 miles last I checked.

Does anyone on this site own or know the owner of the GT500KR that was put up for auction at Mecum two weeks ago in Dallas? A friend is interested in purchasing it. Please PM me.

Thanks in advance,

Gary

If you really want the car and it's still for sale contact Mecum directly. I'm sure they would be happy to help. For a fee of course...

If warranty is what you want, Spikes Ford in Mission, Texas has one on the showroom that has never been sold and has the full warranty. I am sure if someone makes a decent offer they will bite. It's a 2009 and the fastest color of all...red! It had about 200 miles last I checked.

Thanks that makes a total of three new KRs sitting on dealer lots . One red , one vista blue, & one silver. I had made a deal on the Silver one and the manager quit, then the stealership wouldn't honor the price. :( So the one at Mecum has a warranty and probably much cheaper than the stealership now wants.

Thanks ,

Gary

If you really want the car and it's still for sale contact Mecum directly. I'm sure they would be happy to help. For a fee of course...

I know but I'm trying to bypass the buyers fee and their sellers fee. I wasn't registered at that auction so I was trying to locate the seller and save money.

Thanks,

Gary

Thanks that makes a total of three new KRs sitting on dealer lots . One red , one vista blue, & one silver. I had made a deal on the Silver one and the manager quit, then the stealership wouldn't honor the price. :( So the one at Mecum has a warranty and probably much cheaper than the stealership now wants.

Thanks ,

Gary

There is a black one in Montana. I forget the dealers name.

A friend is interested in purchasing it.

I had made a deal on the Silver one and the manager quit, then the stealership wouldn't honor the price.

I know but I'm trying to bypass the buyers fee and their sellers fee. I wasn't registered at that auction so I was trying to locate the seller and save money.

:headscratch: What a tool.

:headscratch: What a tool.

I'm talking about two different silver KR's. But since your interested, as Paul Harvey use to say here's the rest of the story. The one I tried to buy is still for sale at the stealership in Louisiana, I just didn't go into all the details between the one I tried to buy and the one my friend wants. The one he wanted was just at Mecum ; he wasn't going to pay that stealerships new higher price either and Mecums silver had a warranty also. After the deal fell thru on the silver KR that I thought I had made a deal on, I went out and drowned my sorrows by buying a 07 GT-H Vert 5 spd M/T CSM 07H488. :) So I personally can't afford any car, especially a KR right now just trying to help out a friend that isn't a member. Sorry for the confusion ?!?

JDB if i need to explain it further just ask, I normally post from my I phone so I try to keep it short. Speaking of tools; some jobs require a hammer, others a scalpel, and others just a simple Dictionary. Which do you need?

Not my fault you're not communicating clearly or effectively.

Funny how in a verbal conversation between 2 people, most times the human nature in us blames the person for not hearing...when in reality it's always the person who is not talking clearly.

Not my fault you're not communicating clearly or effectively.

Funny how in a verbal conversation between 2 people, most times the human nature in us blames the person for not hearing...when in reality it's always the person who is not talking clearly.

JDB

True on both counts. let's move on. We laughed, we cried, it became part of us.

Gary

Czardoz1, I really wouldn't be hung up on the warranty issue too much, unless the car is going to be a dd. The KRs are not eligible to have an extended warranty from Ford. Most KRs that you'll find for sale now still have very low mileage and can be purchased at pretty good prices considering what they went for new. As a bonus, you may even find one with a signed CS airbag cover, TVS, etc... GL. They're great cars.

Czardoz1, I really wouldn't be hung up on the warranty issue too much, unless the car is going to be a dd. The KRs are not eligible to have an extended warranty from Ford. Most KRs that you'll find for sale now still have very low mileage and can be purchased at pretty good prices considering what they went for new. As a bonus, you may even find one with a signed CS airbag cover, TVS, etc... GL. They're great cars.

Thanks for the input. I personally think the KRs are the best looking Mustang coupes ever made!

I'm talking about two different silver KR's. But since your interested, as Paul Harvey use to say here's the rest of the story. The one I tried to buy is still for sale at the stealership in Louisiana, I just didn't go into all the details between the one I tried to buy and the one my friend wants. The one he wanted was just at Mecum ; he wasn't going to pay that stealerships new higher price either and Mecums silver had a warranty also. After the deal fell thru on the silver KR that I thought I had made a deal on, I went out and drowned my sorrows by buying a 07 GT-H Vert 5 spd M/T CSM 07H488. :) So I personally can't afford any car, especially a KR right now just trying to help out a friend that isn't a member. Sorry for the confusion ?!?

JDB if i need to explain it further just ask, I normally post from my I phone so I try to keep it short. Speaking of tools; some jobs require a hammer, others a scalpel, and others just a simple Dictionary. Which do you need?

Congrats on the 5 speed Hertz.

Czardoz1, I really wouldn't be hung up on the warranty issue too much...

Most KRs that you'll find for sale now still have very low mileage and can be purchased at pretty good prices considering what they went for new.

Agree.

When a person buys a KR, the pertinent question should be whether it had the clutch replaced. Most haven't, but still nice to know. I simply budgeted in my mind that the cost of the KR was x + $2,000 someday down the road when the clutch goes out. $52k for so many near-new low-mileage KR's today is a killer deal anyhow you slice it compared to the guys that paid $40k over sticker just a few years earlier. So IMHO, I couldn't care less how much warranty was remaining on mine when I bought it.

Also, I personally would stay away from any mods...including an autographed dash cover. IMO the entire KR car is more rare than the concept of having CS's autograph on the dash. No disrespect to CS with that opinion... it's just my preference.

Before I bought mine, I did look at this clutch topic in other threads. I could not find when the clutches typically go. I am sure it is related to how the car is used. I drove my KR yesterday and pushed it on some back roads. The clutch is fine!

Congrats on the 5 speed Hertz.

Thank you very much, I love it ! My wife and I were out this weekend cruising with the top down. The only bad thing was that I had my hand operated on and she got to drive it instead of me......LOL

Congrats on your Hertz too. Too bad a KR convertible wasn't offered. BTW both my KRs now are FRPP TVS equipped, wear 20" non-50yr. Alcoas and have about every KR accessory offered by Shelby. That said, if I ever want to return it to stock it would take about one weekend to do both cars, but I don't see that happening. Also the CS airbag cover gets the most attention and there won't be anymore real autographs available.

Congrats on your Hertz too. Too bad a KR convertible wasn't offered. BTW both my KRs now are FRPP TVS equipped, wear 20" non-50yr. Alcoas and have about every KR accessory offered by Shelby. That said, if I ever want to return it to stock it would take about one weekend to do both cars, but I don't see that happening. Also the CS airbag cover gets the most attention and there won't be anymore real autographs available.

Thanks about my Hertz.. What colors are your KRs? In regards to the ultimate, a convertible KR, your so right; If only that would have been made. Could you imagine what that would have cost? or bring now? MY Hertz also has an original CS signed airbag cover with it's CSM #. No there won't be anymore real autographs available, and your right that does draw attention.

One is black and the other is red. I love a clean black car, but it's the red one that gets all the attention. I got a couple of killer deals on the TVSs and with the new 500s putting out over 600 ponies I had to keep the King the King. Know what I mean?

I agree with the convertible KR comment. It is strange SVT/SA did not build any. They probably would be maintaining a premium price and help keep the value of the hardtop KR's from depreciating so much. The 68 conv. KR's are my favorite vintage Stang. Look what they are going for now.

I agree with the convertible KR comment. It is strange SVT/SA did not build any. They probably would be maintaining a premium price and help keep the value of the hardtop KR's from depreciating so much. The 68 conv. KR's are my favorite vintage Stang. Look what they are going for now.

I agree on the convertible KR, I just knew in '09 that they would make some........so I waited & waited; still waiting. The 68 convertible KR is my favorite Stang, also.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived