TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Documentation Advice

ChadBuckWeb

You may already know this guys but I just got a call from Ford, confirming my build sheet order, and they said I could call 800-367-3788 to get specific numbers about the exact production amount made for my vehicle. Not sure how accurate this is but I will be calling this number shortly and will let you know.

Interesting. I have not heard that before, but I look forward to reading how you make out.

I agree. If the numbers are shoddy, why even bother with a "1 of #"? That's why I'm pointing out both to them. 1. Make sure what you are telling us is legit instead of ripping us off. 2. If you want us to gloat about how we love our rare cars, then put on the cert how rare the darn thing is.

I was reading an ad the other day how someone had a 1970 396 Nova for sale. His main point....1 of "41". At the same time I'm thinking....its ridiculous how I can't even get something that says mine is "1 of 3". And how many Nova's were sold in 1970? .....307,280.

2014 Shelby production wasn't even 2% of that. And that guy has documentation during a time when technology was seriously lacking compared to today. Today, being able to count what is what out of under 5700 cars should be cake-work. If they just didn't give us numbers, that is one thing...but to give us actual bad numbers is downright embarrassing on their part if you ask me.

Sounds like we're in violent agreement. As with ChadBuckWeb's effort, I look forward to reading the outcome of yours.

Yes, let us know. Maybe something is changing up finally (hopefully). Be sure to ask them to put it in writing somewhere to send to you! lol

Just called but they are closed until Monday. I'll call Monday and post here to update you.

• 4 months later...

Ha no no. I don't work for Ford or anything. Far from. I said "we" as I have a few people who are supporting this whole drive to correct this anomaly from behind the scenes. I have made some calls, sent some emails, etc. and have been told things are working down the chain. It's a bit of a process from my standpoint of going through the initial routes that anyone can take really in forming a complaint and/or suggesting an improved product (especially one everyone has complained about understandably).

Was hoping to hear something today, but feel it may be after the 1st since it's the holidays and all. I'm pretty persistent so, i'll keep everyone informed as I get more information and press things as time goes on.

You may already know this guys but I just got a call from Ford, confirming my build sheet order, and they said I could call 800-367-3788 to get specific numbers about the exact production amount made for my vehicle. Not sure how accurate this is but I will be calling this number shortly and will let you know.

Just called but they are closed until Monday. I'll call Monday and post here to update you.

Any updates, Gentlemen?

eyt Norton is there a spread sheet floating around for the 14s yet.

Wrecked my wifes vette last year and bought her a low mileage 2012.The vette folks sell the actual build sheet for the car,the one they use for manufacturing the car.A sealed copy was like $100 but its worth it.Wonder why Ford doesnt do that. I think the vette folks at GM outsourced all the info to a private company that provides it to the folks

eyt Norton is there a spread sheet floating around for the 14s yet.

Wrecked my wifes vette last year and bought her a low mileage 2012.The vette folks sell the actual build sheet for the car,the one they use for manufacturing the car.A sealed copy was like $100 but its worth it.Wonder why Ford doesnt do that. I think the vette folks at GM outsourced all the info to a private company that provides it to the folks

There are a lot of owners waiting for them, but I don't think the 2014 MY numbers are available yet. Once they are, you should get a micro-printed sheet when you order a Certificate of Authenticity from Ford Show Parts (for $45).

In the meantime, one of the SVTP moderators kindly posted a collection of 2007-2013 MY GT500 production numbers here. (He plans to add 2014 when it becomes available.)

Other documentation options include:

- Owner's Manuals, Supplements, and Warranty Guides are available for download here (free)

- Deluxe Build Sheets are available for purchase (Item #39416) here ($46)

- Window Stickers are available for purchase here ($25)

-- Window Stickers are available for download here (free)

- Shelby Registry Vehicle Authenticity Certificates are available for purchase here ($30)

-- Requires registration in the Shelby Unified Registry (free) and proof of ownership

I just ordered my Deluxe Build Sheet from www.shopfordgear.com and also ordered Shelby Registry Vehicle Authenticity Certificate from www.shelbystore.com. Can't wait to see the details on my car and looking forward to having these important pieces of documentation in my hands. I got to sit in the car for the first time this past week but the roads were too messy to drive it. I'll have to wait until I see the car again in July. Man... It's hard not having this baby in my garage but know my dad is loving this car more than I ever could.

great color combo!

• 2 weeks later...

Ha no no. I don't work for Ford or anything. Far from. I said "we" as I have a few people who are supporting this whole drive to correct this anomaly from behind the scenes. I have made some calls, sent some emails, etc. and have been told things are working down the chain. It's a bit of a process from my standpoint of going through the initial routes that anyone can take really in forming a complaint and/or suggesting an improved product (especially one everyone has complained about understandably).

Was hoping to hear something today, but feel it may be after the 1st since it's the holidays and all. I'm pretty persistent so, i'll keep everyone informed as I get more information and press things as time goes on.

Thanks. I have a pretty good track record of being able to get things moving along, so I am pretty confident something will get done somehow, someway. What they sell is not intended to be considered a novelty item. They are selling these as they are accurate numbers, and they are far from, and in reality, it feels like I paid $46 for an actual novelty item. They should be precise, and being how it's a rarer car, it would be nice for them to put back on the "1 of #" line if it accurately is such. Thanks for the luck!

Will's Shelby and ChadBuckWeb - It appears neither of you made any headway on this, or did you post the promised updates elsewhere?

Called SVT @ 800-367-3788 today, explained that I was looking for " how many cars were made like mine " for MY 2014.

The person offered me the certificate & spreadsheet, that is pretty much useless for my purpose.

He was unaware that the Deluxe Build Sheet format was changed & no longer breaks down the MY to a single car or cars.

I left my phone # and e-mail address, and asked if he could scare up any leads to contact me. I don't expect the hear anything !!

The fact that Ford has this info & won't make it available is really annoying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Thanks. I have a pretty good track record of being able to get things moving along, so I am pretty confident something will get done somehow, someway. What they sell is not intended to be considered a novelty item. They are selling these as they are accurate numbers, and they are far from, and in reality, it feels like I paid $46 for an actual novelty item. They should be precise, and being how it's a rarer car, it would be nice for them to put back on the "1 of #" line if it accurately is such. Thanks for the luck!

The sound of silence from you guys remains deafening. Seems like the "track record of being able to get things moving along" and the "call from Ford" went exactly where many of us expected - nowhere.

I complained about the lack of details. Asked for a refund. They said no. Its not worth my time to escalate. 65k for a car and they can't give me a detailed build sheet.I can get it on a 65 gto and a 12 vette. But not a Ford. Well at least no recalls,yet

I complained about the lack of details. Asked for a refund. They said no. Its not worth my time to escalate. 65k for a car and they can't give me a detailed build sheet.I can get it on a 65 gto and a 12 vette. But not a Ford.

You're in good company. I'm pretty sure this is about what happened to all of us who were disappointed with what Ford provided.

Archived