TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Documentation Advice

ChadBuckWeb

I put in an order for my2014 GT-500 on 9/5/13. I bought the car to enjoy later in life so am having it delivered to my dad in Iowa. I live in Denver. My friend owns the Ford dealership and is documenting everything for me to enjoy (I.e. videoed the ordering of the car, printed the order confirmation, etc). What documentation would you recommend that I get (beside the things outlined below)?

1) Build sheet (broadcast sheet) found under the seat.

2) Monroney (window sticker)

3) Bill of Sale

4) Retail Order for Motor Vehicle.

5) Video of delivery off truck to the dealership.

6) Video of Mom and dad receiving car.

7) VIN, production codes, production numbers, model codes, paint codes, engine numbers, engine codes, door tags, fender tags, and all other supporting documentation Chris thinks would be good to have. Paperwork detailing the equipment specs on the car, the purchaser, arrival and sale date. Sales contract, owners manuals, warranties and other paperwork.

8) Promotional material, flyers, etc related to the 2014 Mustang and also specific material related to the Shelby.

CBW,

I see this is your first post. Welcome to Team Shelby and congrats on the order of your future 2014 GT500.

One additional thing to request from your Dealer friend, is to have them download from the web a pdf copy of the electronic Window Sticker on the day of record your Shelby is built. They'll have the confirmed build date several days beforehand. The electronic window sticker will always be available online, but they are date stamped when viewing, which makes a matched set only available during the 24 hour build period.

• 1 month later...

Here is the history of my 2014 Shelby GT-500 from the day I ordered her to the day I received her. Hope this helps some of you get an idea of the timing for future orders you may place.

DATE EVENT / STATUS
----------- --------------------------------------------------------------
7/5/2013 - Met with deal to discuss his two 2014 Shelby GT-500 allocations.
9/5/2013 - Order Date
9/5 - DORA Processed
9/19 - In Order Processing - Scheduled to Week (Week -of Oct-14-2013)
9/27 - In Order Processing - Scheduled to Week (Week -of Oct-14-2013)
10/4 - In Order Processing - Scheduled to Week (Week -of Oct-14-2013)
10/4 - In Order Processing - Scheduled to Day (Oct-14-2013)
10/7 - Sent to Plant
10/9 - Body Shop
10/11 - Trim Line
10/14 - Produced
10/20 - Released
10/22 - Shipped Rail - Railcar #ETTX703109 (Canadian National Railways) - Ramp 51, Flat Rock, MI
10/23 - Passing (Canadian National Railways) - Vinewood, MI
10/23 - Passing (Canadian National Railways) - Miljct, MI
10/23 - Arrived at Intermediate Point (Canadian National Railways) - Pontiac, MI
10/23 - Passing (Canadian National Railways) - Pontiac, MI
10/23 - Arrived at Intermediate Point (Canadian National Railways) - Durand, MI
10/23 - Arrived at Intermediate Point (Canadian National Railways) - Lansing, MI
10/23 - Passing (Canadian National Railways) - Lansing, MI
10/23 - Arrived at Intermediate Point (Canadian National Railways) - Batcreek, MI
10/24 - Passing (Canadian National Railways) - Flowers, IN
10/24 - Arrived at Intermediate Point (Canadian National Railways) - Griffith, IN
10/24 - Arrived at Junction Point (Canadian National Railways) - Gibson, IN
10/27 - Received at Junction Point (Burlington Northern Railroad) - Bluisland, IL
10/28 - Passing (Burlington Northern Railroad) - Bluisland, IL
10/28 - Arrived at Intermediate Point (Burlington Northern Railroad) - Galesburg, IL
10/30 - Passing (Burlington Northern Railroad) - Galesburg, IL
10/30 - Passing (Burlington Northern Railroad) - Creston, IA
10/31 - Arrived Rail - Railcar # ETTX703109 (Burlington Northern Railroad) - Omaha, NE
10/31 - Received - 01L94 (Allied Systems Ltd) - Ramp 37, Omaha, NE
11/8 - Delivered to Rasmussen Ford
- The first update from the Assembly Plant indicated that the car would be delivered on 11/12 so they were only 4 days off from their original estimate and it's noteworthy that the day before delivery, Ford updated the status to the next day and that was my queue that she would be arriving that next day from the temp location that the rail car left her at.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting topic, as I am having a paperwork issue with my New '14 Vert.

Ordered the car right after Memorial day.

Vehicle arrived at the Dealership on 11/8, while I was out of town.. I told them don't touch it, and they didn't.

Viewed the car on Tue. 11/12. Opened the door and lots of "paper-work" was on the floor and pass. seat. Told them I want ALL OF IT. They said no problem. Made the deal

Told them I would pick it up on Thur. 11/13. Reminded them about the paper work, 5 different people. Rain started. Called them repeatedly to remind them about the paperwork, and told the Head Detailer personally

Picked up the Car on Sat. 11/15. Window sticker was available, they "found" the invoice, I have these two. Everything else gone. No-one can find anything... I even checked the garbage can on Sat. morning..Nada... GRRR!!

They are checking with the Ford Rep. to see if it can be re-produced... Best laid plans...

• 2 weeks later...

IM NEW TO THIS SITE AND I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME FIGURE OUT WHERE ARE THE VIN DECALS THAT ARE SUPPOSE TO BE ON FENDER,,,,HOOD,,,,,DOORS,,,,,TRUNK,,,,, ECT ECT ECT MY 87 FOX HAS THEM EVERYWHERE MY 2013 DOESNT HAVE THEM DOES ANYONE ELSE NOT HAVE THESE ON THERE STANG OR WAS MY CAR OVERLOOKED THANKS FOR THE HELP MIKE

Sorry to hear that. I kept everything. Plastic, came delivered with all kinds of paperwork on and in the car.

I did the same thing as well, my Shelby has not been dealer prepped.

IM NEW TO THIS SITE AND I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME FIGURE OUT WHERE ARE THE VIN DECALS THAT ARE SUPPOSE TO BE ON FENDER,,,,HOOD,,,,,DOORS,,,,,TRUNK,,,,, ECT ECT ECT MY 87 FOX HAS THEM EVERYWHERE MY 2013 DOESNT HAVE THEM DOES ANYONE ELSE NOT HAVE THESE ON THERE STANG OR WAS MY CAR OVERLOOKED THANKS FOR THE HELP MIKE

Welcome to the site, Ford used the vin labels from 87-93 fox bodys, and the early years of the sn 95s. They have not used them on the mustangs since that time that I am aware of.

Terry

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered my Deluxe Build Sheet from www.shopfordgear.com and also ordered Shelby Registry Vehicle Authenticity Certificate from www.shelbystore.com. Can't wait to see the details on my car and looking forward to having these important pieces of documentation in my hands. I got to sit in the car for the first time this past week but the roads were too messy to drive it. I'll have to wait until I see the car again in July. Man... It's hard not having this baby in my garage but know my dad is loving this car more than I ever could.

Good luck with the build sheet from Ford Gear. I ordered the deluxe build sheet for my 13' Shelby and was very disappointed. The sheet showed my car with automatic transmission and cloth interior. I contacted them and the second sheet I received was still wrong. They only break it down to how many of total production was in your color. Hopefully they have improved their process and you will get what you want.

Good luck with the build sheet from Ford Gear. I ordered the deluxe build sheet for my 13' Shelby and was very disappointed. The sheet showed my car with automatic transmission and cloth interior. I contacted them and the second sheet I received was still wrong. They only break it down to how many of total production was in your color. Hopefully they have improved their process and you will get what you want.

Isquared, we are presently pursuing better attention to detail upon Ford's part in doing these build sheets. Hopefully we will make some good ground soon. I agree...not even getting your transmission and interior material correct is terrible.

See the Precise "1 of #" subject forum for more information and updates on this as I get them. Nice car btw. ;)

Isquared, we are presently pursuing better attention to detail upon Ford's part in doing these build sheets. Hopefully we will make some good ground soon. I agree...not even getting your transmission and interior material correct is terrible.

When you say "we" do you mean that you work for Ford? I'm a little nervous about getting bad info based on the previous posts but what choice do I have? I can only rely on Ford to give me accurate info. Hope that I'll be able to tell how many gt500's were built just like mine. I suspect my color (red with white stripes) is fairly common in the grand scheme of things fir 2014 but nonetheless, I'd really like to try and see what I get.

See the Precise "1 of #" subject forum for more information and updates on this as I get them. Nice car btw. ;)

Will's Shelby, thanks for your response. Are you in some way connected to Ford or Ford Gear where you can have some direct input? Ford Gear should not be offering for sale, at a premium price, something that they cannot produce. I would recommend not to purchase the report, it's just not accurate.

Will's Shelby, thanks for your response. Are you in some way connected to Ford or Ford Gear where you can have some direct input? Ford Gear should not be offering for sale, at a premium price, something that they cannot produce. I would recommend not to purchase the report, it's just not accurate.

Ha no no. I don't work for Ford or anything. Far from. I said "we" as I have a few people who are supporting this whole drive to correct this anomaly from behind the scenes. I have made some calls, sent some emails, etc. and have been told things are working down the chain. It's a bit of a process from my standpoint of going through the initial routes that anyone can take really in forming a complaint and/or suggesting an improved product (especially one everyone has complained about understandably).

Was hoping to hear something today, but feel it may be after the 1st since it's the holidays and all. I'm pretty persistent so, i'll keep everyone informed as I get more information and press things as time goes on.

I can only rely on Ford to give me accurate info. Hope that I'll be able to tell how many gt500's were built just like mine.

Based on the latest "Deluxe Build Sheets" I've seen, it will not tell you how many GT500s were built just like yours. As explained by at least a couple of us, you can get CLOSER (but still not all the way there) with a spreadsheet that's included with GT500 Certificates of Authenticity. If you really want accurate data, you can ask Madlock to share some of his wisdom... It may not come on a fancy certificate with some Ford heiress's stamped signature on the bottom, but I'm sure it's far more accurate than anything Ford is selling.

Ha no no. I don't work for Ford or anything. Far from. I said "we" as I have a few people who are supporting this whole drive to correct this anomaly from behind the scenes. I have made some calls, sent some emails, etc. and have been told things are working down the chain. It's a bit of a process from my standpoint of going through the initial routes that anyone can take really in forming a complaint and/or suggesting an improved product (especially one everyone has complained about understandably).

Was hoping to hear something today, but feel it may be after the 1st since it's the holidays and all. I'm pretty persistent so, i'll keep everyone informed as I get more information and press things as time goes on.

I wish you the best of luck in your effort and, in fact, hope you're successful. I remain skeptical, however, that Ford will respond in any meaningful way.

Based on the latest "Deluxe Build Sheets" I've seen, it will not tell you how many GT500s were built just like yours. As explained by at least a couple of us, you can get CLOSER (but still not all the way there) with a spreadsheet that's included with GT500 Certificates of Authenticity. If you really want accurate data, you can ask Madlock to share some of his wisdom... It may not come on a fancy certificate with some Ford heiress's stamped signature on the bottom, but I'm sure it's far more accurate than anything Ford is selling.

The example that I posted in the other forum did show how many GT500s were built just like yours. It specifically said "1 of # built in this configuration". That's what I'm trying to get put back on actually. But yes, the new ones don't.

I wish you the best of luck in your effort and, in fact, hope you're successful. I remain skeptical, however, that Ford will respond in any meaningful way.

Thanks. I have a pretty good track record of being able to get things moving along, so I am pretty confident something will get done somehow, someway. What they sell is not intended to be considered a novelty item. They are selling these as they are accurate numbers, and they are far from, and in reality, it feels like I paid $46 for an actual novelty item. They should be precise, and being how it's a rarer car, it would be nice for them to put back on the "1 of #" line if it accurately is such. Thanks for the luck!

So you get a spreadsheet full of data with the cet of authenticity I bought? Cool. I am a whiz with Excel so will be able to figure it out.

I did and several others reported a similar inclusion with theirs. Like you, I know a few things about Excel. Unfortunately, they don't provide a soft copy - only a mediocre quality print. (I apologize for the really bad copy, but the forum's 500KB file size limit prevents me from uploading a better quality .pdf version.)

The example that I posted in the other forum did show how many GT500s were built just like yours. It specifically said "1 of # built in this configuration". That's what I'm trying to get put back on actually. But yes, the new ones don't.

Thanks. I have a pretty good track record of being able to get things moving along, so I am pretty confident something will get done somehow, someway. What they sell is not intended to be considered a novelty item. They are selling these as they are accurate numbers, and they are far from, and in reality, it feels like I paid $46 for an actual novelty item. They should be precise, and being how it's a rarer car, it would be nice for them to put back on the "1 of #" line if it accurately is such. Thanks for the luck!

I saw the 2011 version and wish the latest editions included that info. Unfortunately, Ford's "Deluxe Build Sheets" and COAs are exactly what you labeled them - novelty items for which many of us paid for more than they're worth. As I said, I really do hope your effort is successful. Unfortunately, Ford's apathy and unwillingness to assist with pre-sale dishonesty I encountered at a local dealer left me very skeptical about the company's willingness to respond meaningfully to customer concerns.

After seeing how shoddy Ford's numbers have become, what makes you think any numbers you succeed in having them "put back on" the Build Sheet will be accurate/trustworthy?

post-38053-0-07526300-1388506612_thumb.jpg

post-38053-0-07526300-1388506612_thumb.jpg

You may already know this guys but I just got a call from Ford, confirming my build sheet order, and they said I could call 800-367-3788 to get specific numbers about the exact production amount made for my vehicle. Not sure how accurate this is but I will be calling this number shortly and will let you know.

I agree. If the numbers are shoddy, why even bother with a "1 of #"? That's why I'm pointing out both to them. 1. Make sure what you are telling us is legit instead of ripping us off. 2. If you want us to gloat about how we love our rare cars, then put on the cert how rare the darn thing is.

I was reading an ad the other day how someone had a 1970 396 Nova for sale. His main point....1 of "41". At the same time I'm thinking....its ridiculous how I can't even get something that says mine is "1 of 3". And how many Nova's were sold in 1970? .....307,280.

2014 Shelby production wasn't even 2% of that. And that guy has documentation during a time when technology was seriously lacking compared to today. Today, being able to count what is what out of under 5700 cars should be cake-work. If they just didn't give us numbers, that is one thing...but to give us actual bad numbers is downright embarrassing on their part if you ask me.

You may already know this guys but I just got a call from Ford, confirming my build sheet order, and they said I could call 800-367-3788 to get specific numbers about the exact production amount made for my vehicle. Not sure how accurate this is but I will be calling this number shortly and will let you know.

Yes, let us know. Maybe something is changing up finally (hopefully). Be sure to ask them to put it in writing somewhere to send to you! lol

Archived