TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NASCAR INTEGRITY

07SGT

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just read where there is a school system, I believe in CA (where else!) that has a new rule in football. You cannot beat the other team by more than 35 points. If you do then the team is suspended from the next game and the coach is suspended for a game. Now don't get me wrong. I remember when some coaches would run up a score and others would start putting in the second and third string and even the water boy is necessary to stop the score from climbing. But that does not need to be legislated in to a rule.

Concur Kona. I believe they had to make 500. It was my understanding Ford never made 500 Taladegas with the Boss 429. At least Plymouth and Dodge did make 500 hemi Super Birds and Daytonas'. New Rule, has to be factory body panels, factory ride heighth, no splitter unless from the factory, no rear spoiler unless from the factory. Factory engine, do what ever you want on the inside of the engine but it has to be factory block and heads. Factory suspension. Then we will know who makes the baddest ass ride from Detroit (or Japan). Then we will see who rules the stop light Grand Prix.

I am starting to think that Ford, Chevy and Toyota are all wasting their money in NASCAR and need to just make hot cars for the street. Ford is wasting millions in NASCAR every year. That is why they stopped in 1970 when money became tight.

I could be wrong but I believe the Engine did not have to be installed in the particular car it was raced in. Since the Boss 9 was put in Mustangs, it qualified and, more then 500 Talladega's were produced. Of course, not at the time NASCAR inspected them :)

I could be wrong but I believe the Engine did not have to be installed in the particular car it was raced in. Since the Boss 9 was put in Mustangs, it qualified and, more then 500 Talladega's were produced. Of course, not at the time NASCAR inspected them :)

I know that the Trans-Am series mandated a minimum 600 vehicles be produced, engine and all (hence the 602 1968 Camaro Z-28's). NHRA required 700 models and yes, engine and all (hence, Super STOCK).

I believe (meaning I'm not SURE) that the NASCAR number is 500 as was stated but that would also be car/engine package, just like the other two series'. And hence, the 426 Hemi Superbird that Richard Petty raced and ran away with the series in. If they didn't mandate the engine be sold as a RPO, Chrysler probably would have never stretched the hemi out to 426ci (they wouldn't have had to).

Phill

I know that the Trans-Am series mandated a minimum 600 vehicles be produced, engine and all (hence the 602 1968 Camaro Z-28's). NHRA required 700 models and yes, engine and all (hence, Super STOCK).

I believe (meaning I'm not SURE) that the NASCAR number is 500 as was stated but that would also be car/engine package, just like the other two series'. And hence, the 426 Hemi Superbird that Richard Petty raced and ran away with the series in. If they didn't mandate the engine be sold as a RPO, Chrysler probably would have never stretched the hemi out to 426ci (they wouldn't have had to).

Phill

The number is 500 for NASCAR, but it was not a car/engine package. It was just an engine in any car rule. The engine had to be in at least 500 production cars. Which there were greater than 800 in 1969, so all was well there.

The number is 500 for NASCAR, but it was not a car/engine package. It was just an engine in any car rule. The engine had to be in at least 500 production cars. Which there were greater than 800 in 1969, so all was well there.

Glad my memory works sometimes :)

What were we talking about?

We were discussing homologation requirements for racing in SCCA, NHRA and NASCAR and any other form of alphabet racing. :bliss::bliss:and not to mention how Ford and Shelby both sometimes interpreted the rules differently, sometimes with just intending to manufacturer x number of engine/body combos.

We were discussing homologation requirements for racing in SCCA, NHRA and NASCAR and any other form of alphabet racing. :bliss::bliss:and not to mention how Ford and Shelby both sometimes interpreted the rules differently, sometimes with just intending to manufacturer x number of engine/body combos.

Next thing you know some guy will go ahead and build one car and paint it different colors to make people ting there are tons of them out there....oh, wait...he did!?!

Archived