TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Factory Stripe Match

dednock

I am sure this has been asked numerous times before but, does anyone know where to find matching color stripes for the SVTPP equipped vehicles. I have a 2011 vert and I recently installed a BMC Black Mamba hood. My car is sterling gray with the red with black outline narrow stripes. I have been working with a local graphics shop and we have looked at every vinyl manufacturer trying to match the very unique red of the factory stripe. It seems to be a bright blood red. None of the reds match. I was going to try to use the roof stripes that come on the coupe, however, they come up about 6 inches short. I don't want to change the stripes if I don't have to. I like the Super Snake stripe but, I am not trying to pass off my car as a SS and would like to keep with the GT500 theme as the car came. Any help is greatly appreciated, as I am extremely frustrated.

P.S. - In case anyone was wondering why I went with the BMC hood over the Shelby. Two reasons, the BMC hood's scoop is functional and it was $400 dollars cheaper. Also, the fit and finish is very good.

I am sure this has been asked numerous times before but, does anyone know where to find matching color stripes for the SVTPP equipped vehicles. I have a 2011 vert and I recently installed a BMC Black Mamba hood. My car is sterling gray with the red with black outline narrow stripes. I have been working with a local graphics shop and we have looked at every vinyl manufacturer trying to match the very unique red of the factory stripe. It seems to be a bright blood red. None of the reds match. I was going to try to use the roof stripes that come on the coupe, however, they come up about 6 inches short. I don't want to change the stripes if I don't have to. I like the Super Snake stripe but, I am not trying to pass off my car as a SS and would like to keep with the GT500 theme as the car came. Any help is greatly appreciated, as I am extremely frustrated.

The stripes come from Ford in individual sections. You can get just the hood stripes from Ford and have a perfect match.

From what I hear, they ain't cheap. I think it was something like, either $1500 or $2500 for the full/entire set (front facia, hood, top, trunk, rear facia). But that's just what I 'hear'.

I don't imagine just the hood stripes alone would be THAT much more than if you found a good set of Aftermarket stripes which by the way, I don't think will be easy to find due to the two-color combination on a single piece of vinyl.

I think it would be easy to find them separately but not on a single piece (i.e separate pin stripes).

I put red pinstripes along both edges of both of my white OTT stripes and it looks pretty good. You can't set the 'seam' between them if you're careful but you can still tell they aren't one solid piece.

Good luck,

Phill

Phil, the problem I am having is finding the red to match the factory color red. The factory red is a very unique red. The factory hood and roof stripe are to short for my new hood. If I can find a matching red stripe, your idea of a separate thin black stripe for the outline would work great.

Thanks, Dale

I am going to have some Lettering made for my Mustang that I designed. They will be two toned Lime Green outlined in Grabber Blue. They will be printed and cut. and I will install this week. See if your Vinyl guy can do that with your Stripes. They would just Print the Red Stripes with a Black Boarder and cut. They should be able to match your Red since they are Printing it. Below is a sample of what I had done several Months ago. The Blue Printed Stripes match the rest of the Stripes that were actual Vinyl Stripes.

Hood Decal 2.jpg

Hood Decal 2.jpg

Archived