TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Funny Dyno Observation

nshttpd

So, the GPS/Navigation system is really wonky. Indoor dyno with no GPS signal yet the computer attempts to figure out what's going on based on steering input and driveline speed. The tech said it was doing all sorts of weird things, like ... saying it was on the road out in front of the shop, heading north, quickly. I just thought that was amusing.

The traction control/sport trac system lit up all sort of lights too on the dash.

Also, speed limiters are lame. It's stock except for for a resonator delete and roush axle backs. So in fifth it would never bump off the stutter box, but instead just dropped when it hit 157 MPH or so. It was just a baseline run to get numbers before my box of goodies from VMP shows up for it. It spit out 440/457 in high 80's September Georgia weather.

-steve

Steve id check the humidity number--unless you live in Az,youll never see 94/23 in georgia--The lower the humidity,the higher the HP--so when thyre correcting, youll lose HP.usually in the summer,humidity will run over 60%,unless youre in the Mtns,but then it wont be 94

You know, I thought about that humidity number when I was looking at it, but then we started talking about ALMS racing and differences between Motec, Bosch and Magneti Marelli systems and I forgot about it. You're right though in that it's got to be off. After I get my VMP goodie bag installed and run it back up there to get the next run done to check on the difference I'll pay more attention and ask about it.

Thanks.

-steve

• 2 weeks later...

So, the GPS/Navigation system is really wonky. Indoor dyno with no GPS signal yet the computer attempts to figure out what's going on based on steering input and driveline speed. The tech said it was doing all sorts of weird things, like ... saying it was on the road out in front of the shop, heading north, quickly. I just thought that was amusing.

The traction control/sport trac system lit up all sort of lights too on the dash.

Also, speed limiters are lame. It's stock except for for a resonator delete and roush axle backs. So in fifth it would never bump off the stutter box, but instead just dropped when it hit 157 MPH or so. It was just a baseline run to get numbers before my box of goodies from VMP shows up for it. It spit out 440/457 in high 80's September Georgia weather.

-steve

Speed limiter might be lame but would not recommend turning off the rev limiter..I have bounced off of mine a couple of times and glad it was there...these motors don't like 7000 RPMs

Archived