TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The TPMS malfunction warning keeps coming on

Tom M.

Ever since I got my 2012 GT500 at odd intervals my TPMS error message keeps coming on... then it goes away. (Not the low inflation warning but the TPMS system error.) A half hour later it comes back on, I reset it, and after a few minutes it goes away again. It doesn't seem to be connected to going over big bumps or anything like that.

The dealer looked at it but said he could only fix it if the light was on when he got it. Fine, but even if I drive around until it comes on and then shoot right to the dealer by the time they look at it it would be gone.

On my big drive through West Virginia 2 weeks ago it kept coming on, and once or twice the Stabilitrak error light came on too.

Any ideas? It's the only fault so far.

Thanks,

Tom M.

ViperNC, you're right I probably do have a bad sensor but the question is which one? My Acura tells you which one is bad but Fords don't as far as I know. And what if it's the transmitter in the car rather than the wheels?

David thanks for mentioning that I'll ask the dealer.

Tom M.

The dealership should have a scanning device that would be able to tell which one is bad. It's the same device they use to activate the sensors with the TPMS system.

ViperNC, you're right I probably do have a bad sensor but the question is which one? My Acura tells you which one is bad but Fords don't as far as I know. And what if it's the transmitter in the car rather than the wheels?

Maybe a silly question but....Did you check the air pressure in all of your tires???

Phill

I live in Worcester PA outside Philly... I hope to be at Rocktoberfest.

I did try resetting the sensors, it didn't help.

Tom M.

okay then I guess I can't help.... but at least we think alike!!! :hysterical:

Have fun at Rocktoberfest, I'm going to miss it this year due to my daughters wedding. Remember, don't fill up at breakfast because lunch will be served right after and both have always been a great meal!

Phil, not a silly question but yes I did check them with my calibrated TPG, 35.5 PSI all the way around.

Doug, I probably won't pre register so I don't get the food.

Tom M.

Johns easy to get along with, he'll let you pay the day of the show..... just tell him Doug said it was okay! :hysterical:

The 205-2009 Mustangs had Blue Box type Sensors that were held on with Double Sided Tape and Metal Bands. If a Sensors are the same type and it is not bad, it could be that it may have broke lose from the Wheel. I have seen it happen before.

Archived