TEAM SHELBY FORUM

and 5 months 25 days later.....

blk12svt

Thrilled to report that my new 14 finally arrived on the Sept 5th. Hated to see the black 12 and white F250 go but after months of second guessing the color choice I am glad I went white this time. Nothing against black... if I could have two the other one would be black. Guess I am just old school and like Shelbys in white... This one is a keeper!! All I've done so far is drive it home, sanely, and put it in the garage so looking forward to feeling the difference in 550 and 662 HP...

whiteshelby022_zpscf79400d.jpg

whiteshelby026_zps9635537d.jpg

whiteshelby023_zps90f5876b.jpg

whiteshelby018_zpsbf60b001.jpg

What had to go.....

whiteshelby015_zps41afae93.jpg

Thanks! I loved that truck but it was depreciated out and time to get another while the 25K IRS tax credit thing was still in force. It was a diesel and only had 54K miles on it. I am thinking I'll get a Supercab next time as opposed to another Crew Cab. Only had adults back there 3 times. Actually debating on another diesel. The gas engine has 385HP which ought to pull a 20" enclosed trailer fine.

Thanks! I loved that truck but it was depreciated out and time to get another while the 25K IRS tax credit thing was still in force. It was a diesel and only had 54K miles on it. I am thinking I'll get a Supercab next time as opposed to another Crew Cab. Only had adults back there 3 times. Actually debating on another diesel. The gas engine has 385HP which ought to pull a 20" enclosed trailer fine.

Ahhh, that explains it. You're getting another truck! :) While the gas engine will pull the trailer don't expect to get good mileage with the trailer hooked up. If you pull a lot you're much better off with the diesel overall as I'm sure you already know. We quit running gas engines in our trucks over 20 years ago. But then we run our diesels over 300k miles too before getting rid of them. At that point they are fully depreciated out, but still running. The other nice thing is in the winter we let our trucks idle quite a bit once started for the day and all that idling would burn a lot of gas whereas the diesel can idle all day and burn very little. I currently have 168k on my diesel and she's still going strong.

Diesels are definitly the way to go if you are towing a lot which I am not. If I make 1 or 2 shows a year I'll be surprised so just thought I would save 8 grand this time and go gas. I've had 2 diesels in a row and it's really a waste if you are just hauling your butt around 99% of the time or picking up some lumber at Lowes. If every filling station had diesel it would be better too. I have sweated running out a couple of times when I pull off the freeway to fill up only to find nobody with diesel and have to try to make the next exit. Happened once near Indianapolis and then in Ohio. I know I'll be wishing I had a diesel though when I try to sell/trade the gas someday as the resale just ain't there. Kind of like buying Caterpillar equipment. You'll pay 30-40% more for the same thing a Komatsu will do but you get it back when you sell. Thanks for the advice though. I know you are right.

Thanks!! Got to go for my first ride on Sunday and just crazy about this car. Only have 85 miles on it so haven't put my foot in it yet. I can sure tell however that there is another 112 horse there by just lazily going through the gears. A little bit more of a growl than the 12 had too. Maybe it's just the quad exhaust but it does sound better to me. Only complaint I have is the seats. I wish they had just stayed with the all leather rather than the suede. I would also be glad to give up 40 mph on the top end and have 3.73's back...

• 3 weeks later...

Also looking forward to your comparison review.

This thing is a BEAST. No comparison to the 12 which was the fastest thing I had ever driven. I still haven't let it all hang out yet and may never, not wanting to kill myself. I am still at just over 100 miles but the other day I was winding it up a little and about 3/4 throttle in 2nd. gear the back end broke loose at 65 mph. That gets your attention real quick. Why didn't Ford give us some rubber on the ground like a Z06 or ZR1?? Wide wheels and tires would have been a nice option we could order... Now we have to go spend another 5 grand for traction...

Archived