TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Racing wheels

frazierfreud

off hand do you know the biggest tire I could fit if use a 18x9.5 wheel? I'd be using it on my 2008 Shelby GT/SC w/ Shelby Extreme brakes front and rear

Your best choice for road course is 275's. You can go to other sizes but they become more expensive and the benefit is minimal. Staggered tire sizes are fine, but you cant rotate them and that is important for tire wear. Tires can be used to mask handling issues to a point but, obviously, that is not the route to go. I would have to know how you intend to use the car before I can further comment but, SPP has some great handling packages for the occasional track car. The SGT has better balance than a GT500, so, your ahead of the game

Your best choice for road course is 275's. You can go to other sizes but they become more expensive and the benefit is minimal. Staggered tire sizes are fine, but you cant rotate them and that is important for tire wear. Tires can be used to mask handling issues to a point but, obviously, that is not the route to go. I would have to know how you intend to use the car before I can further comment but, SPP has some great handling packages for the occasional track car. The SGT has better balance than a GT500, so, your ahead of the game

I will still be using my 20" Razors for street driving and shows. When I do go racing and its just for fun not serious would prefer to use a different rim to avoid ruining the chrome in any manner and thought someone mentioned before that this person bent their Razor racing it and said he didn't hit anything. I'd rather use a rim I can beat on and not worry about chipping, scratching, or bending it. My car has full Griggs Susp. setup so grips like peanut butter in a dog's mouth. I do agree that same size all around is much better handling but front-end you are limited in what's going to fit and no I am not doing any body work to make bigger tires fit the front

I will still be using my 20" Razors for street driving and shows. When I do go racing and its just for fun not serious would prefer to use a different rim to avoid ruining the chrome in any manner and thought someone mentioned before that this person bent their Razor racing it and said he didn't hit anything. I'd rather use a rim I can beat on and not worry about chipping, scratching, or bending it. My car has full Griggs Susp. setup so grips like peanut butter in a dog's mouth. I do agree that same size all around is much better handling but front-end you are limited in what's going to fit and no I am not doing any body work to make bigger tires fit the front

Sounds like your ready to go! Just need to decide how much you want to spend. 18 X 10's are fairly inexpensive and you are 100% right on avoiding the chrome. Don't forget the brake pads

Archived