TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Are you looking for a SGT? Are you in Texas? Then DON'T click on this link..........

shelbymotorsports

Don't know what to hate first on that car.

Ack...

Jer

so the upfitters pkg is bs? I thought it was exclusive to sgts.

Yes the upfitters package was exclusive to the SGT which is why this Ford Mustang does not have it. This owner modified Mustang has some SVT Shelby parts and plenty of aftermarket parts but not a single SGT part.

Steve

From the dealer

Good morning Sir, this is Jeremy Burnett with Young Hyundai of Rockwall. In 2008 the Ford Mustang do not have a true Shelby. They had a Mustang GT Shelby Edition. After the owner took delivery of the car he had it shipped to Las Vegas and has the Shelby store do a Shelby modification kit that made it a Shelby GT 650 and that is when it became a Shelby. It has a signed Shelby badge on the dash but the VIN will always read that it is a Mustang GT. If you have any other questions please respond to this email or call either of the numbers listed below. Thank you again Sir and you have a great day.

I just figured that the 650 designation was used because the Dealers parts shop was only 648 feet from where it sat on the lot :hysterical: . Some one walked to the parts counter, got the stripe kit and modified it to say 650 :hysterical2: . Oh, the "R" Stands for "Rare"! Or was it race, or renamed. Oh, just make it up! :hysterical: Sorry, could not help myself :hysterical2:

Ughh.....at some point this car will pull up next to one of us at a car show and the owner will be excited to be in 'the group'. It may be an ugly letdown. On the other hand, the car does have some nice upgrades, Razors, Paxton, etc. The one thing that I am very curious about is the CSM plaque on the dash. I would be interested to see some close ups of that and have Steve at SAI verify where it came from.

From the dealer

Good morning Sir, this is Jeremy Burnett with Young Hyundai of Rockwall. In 2008 the Ford Mustang do not have a true Shelby. They had a Mustang GT Shelby Edition. After the owner took delivery of the car he had it shipped to Las Vegas and has the Shelby store do a Shelby modification kit that made it a Shelby GT 650 and that is when it became a Shelby. It has a signed Shelby badge on the dash but the VIN will always read that it is a Mustang GT. If you have any other questions please respond to this email or call either of the numbers listed below. Thank you again Sir and you have a great day.

I wonder what I bought?

From the dealer

You would think a car dealer would at least try and verify his statements before he wrote a letter'

Lets see how long it takes them to rewrite the cars specs/price on their website.

Seriously, why would someone from this dealership jump in on this? They should defiantly stick to selling Hyundai opposed to challenging Shelbyfiles.

Let me count the ways, Why no picture of the underhood CSM plate, tachometer has an SVT designation, GT 500 horn button, snake on the grill, no Shelby GT or GT 500 front bumper or rear valance for that matter, and granted I've now owned 2 REAL Shelby's, but I'll concede that doesn't make me an expert, but till now I've never seen or heard of this one of a kind GT 650 R.

Buyer beware!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived