TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Louvers and side window vents

pgodden

Just curious here, I always loved the look of the rear window louvers on my 69 Mach 1, would it be a crime to have some installed on my 14 GT500? Can i even get them? I have not decided that I want them just thinking about it and what would be involved. I am interested in any comments on this subject.... Louvers and side window vents (if that's what you call them)

pgodden,

Silver Horse Racing (SHR) makes flush mount louvers are the real ones. Visibility out the quarter windows and nothing taped on; they actually replace the OE glass quarter windows.

Good luck and enjoy the miles.

Best wishes,

Quinn

I don't know anything about the side window vents but MRT makes the best looking rear window louver available in my opinion for the new cars. I thought I had some pics from Tulsa 2012 but didn't. I am sure you can see some on www.bossmustangsonline.com They are the closest thing to the old style in look, made from aluminum and don't require any holes to be drilled. If I was getting any it would be MRT. Good luck!

Here is a link to a thread on the Boss site.

http://bossmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=5928.msg89870#msg89870

I have had both of these from MRT and Silverhorse on my 08 GT and was very satisfied with the quality from both. In fact seeing MTYQIN's car is making me consider getting the flush louvers on my Shelby.

MTYQIN it seems like we are kind of going the same direction with our Shelby's. I recently just put on the raxiom taillights on my Shelby as well. In my opinion, the taillights that "Should" have come on these cars stock. Definitely thinking about those quarter window louvers now! Your car looks fantastic!

If I was to do it again I would have installed the Silver Horse Racing side window vents instead of the stick on louvers I have. I don't remember the brand. I lost visablity when backing in my driveway and pulling out of certain streets. Those are small windows but I used them. The money and effort was spent to have them so now their mine. -Kevin

Mustangman,

Roger all. Concur. I find the rear 3/4 view one of the best angles for our cars. The brute strength combined with the timeless lines of the

Shelby are what American heavy metal is all about. To my eye, the Raxiom lights and louvers seem to work very well together.

WJ / grobertx,

Your cars look outstanding. The delete plates or other types of louvers just go to show the infinite combinations of looks and power that make Shelby the Alpha Male in any muscle car wolf pack.

Take it easy, guys.

All the best,

Quinn

MJN,

Thanks brother. If/when I figure out how to compact my pics a bit that might be a doable do. Right now, it seems the shots I post take up a lot of space. I'll try and work it a bit.

All the best,

Quinn

Just curious here, I always loved the look of the rear window louvers on my 69 Mach 1, would it be a crime to have some installed on my 14 GT500? Can i even get them? I have not decided that I want them just thinking about it and what would be involved. I am interested in any comments on this subject.... Louvers and side window vents (if that's what you call them)

I ordered the louvers and scoops through the dealer. The same ones as shown in the Mustang brochure. They look fantastic.

post-38911-0-74637100-1378593196_thumb.jpg

post-38911-0-74637100-1378593196_thumb.jpg

Archived