TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Editing Signature

Z-man

I went in to edit my 'signature', and the tool bar options (color, font size, adding a picture, etc.) are all greyed out and non-functional.

How do I get them to work again? I probably checked (or unchecked) some option somewhere down deep in the bowels of Team

Shelby, and didn't realize it.

Z-man

I went in to edit my 'signature', and the tool bar options (color, font size, adding a picture, etc.) are all greyed out and non-functional.

How do I get them to work again? I probably checked (or unchecked) some option somewhere down deep in the bowels of Team

Shelby, and didn't realize it.

Z-man

Same here. They changed something........................

Same here. They changed something........................

Maybe it's the new passive aggressive anti-photog policy because we eat up too much bandwidth with our sig photos.

Actually , I was going to add a bigger photo.....or two

Z-man

Guys,

Hit the small triangle under your name after signing in (top right)

Choose "My Profile"

Choose "Edit My Profile"

Choose "Signature"

Scroll down to second example of your current signature displayed (#2 is the edit-capable version)

Make changes

Choose "Save Changes"

Take it easy<

Quinn

Quinn -

Thanks for the suggestion, but that is exactally what I was doing, and the 'buttons' are gray-ish in color and do not work.

Did you check your sig to see if you can edit it? As kstrong suggested, maybe its a 'bug' from the recent site changes.

Z-man

ps - we used to have a spell check feature when editing/posing as well. That disappearded loooooong ago.

Z/Al,

Just tried it again, and it works fine. By the time you get to clicking on "Signature," the box color still remains gray, but scroll down and it will have gone to the Signature page where you scroll down to the second copy of the sig that lets you make changes.

It all seems to be in the sequencing of the initial hits to get into the editing capable screen. Deep breath, don't toss the computer across the room, sacrificial offering, etc...

Keep pushing, shipmate.

All the best,

Quinn

Z/Al,

Just tried it again, and it works fine. By the time you get to clicking on "Signature," the box color still remains gray, but scroll down and it will have gone to the Signature page where you scroll down to the second copy of the sig that lets you make changes.

It all seems to be in the sequencing of the initial hits to get into the editing capable screen. Deep breath, don't toss the computer across the room, sacrificial offering, etc...

Keep pushing, shipmate.

All the best,

Quinn

Not working for me this way either, boxes are grayed out. You can type in the sig box but the options are grayed out.

it might have to do with operating system and/or search engine! <--- this coming from a guy that hates computers!!! :hysterical:

mine are grayed out too but like Kenny stated I can make changes in the window.... and I'm not a dues paying TS member if that matters.....

Just to help eliminate variables (in case the TS 'web master' is actually looking into this), I am a dues paying Team Shelby memeber (as is kstrong...you can tell by the icons in the sidebar below your aviatar). I have also tried to edit my signature on an iPad, and it didn't work there either.

Z/K,

Sorry to hear this is continuing to fight you. The sequence of signing in, choosing Profile, Black box with Edit Profile are in sequence and in the upper right. Signature and other options for editing come up gray and on the left, and Signature turns black when you click on it. Signature info comes up with gray lettering - this is not the sig that is editable. Below the box on the bottom that says Save Changes/Cancel, is the working copy of the signature. Those letters come up in black.

It sounds like you're not getting to the edit-capable version of the signature. The "why" is unclear.

Just another stinking day in paradise...

Take it easy,

Quinn

If you are trying to edit in HTML mode, you'll get this screen. Uncheck the HTML button and the editor switch will appear in the upper left top side of the editor. If you don't see the switch, you're un HTML mode.

See two screen shots below

82394-2.png

If you're in HTML mode, you will not see the editor switch (arrow shows where it should be). Notice the HTML boxed is checked. Uncheck the HTML Box - see next screen shot below:

82394.png

Make sure that your editor is turned on. Once it is, you'll have full edit options.

I'll bet I'm less of a computer guy than Doug. :confused:

I ,too, couldn't edit my signature, even after flipping the "switch" on the left. Out of pure frustration, I turned off the HTML "switch" since I tried everything else.and I was able to edit my heart out. :happy feet:

My spell check works fine. Just leave the cursor somewhere on the word that is underlined in red and right click. The options will appear above. Just click on the one you want. :bandance:

My question is, if you're in spell check because you can't spell the word, how are you going to know which option is correct? :doh:

If you are trying to edit in HTML mode, you'll get this screen. Uncheck the HTML button and the editor switch will appear in the upper left top side of the editor. If you don't see the switch, you're un HTML mode.

Make sure that your editor is turned on. Once it is, you'll have full edit options.

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

After a couple combinations of the HTML Code button and making sure the editor button was turned on, it works! :happy feet:

Now to post my new signature pics out to PhotoBucket so that I can link in thier URL codes.

Thank you VERY much Robet for helping me (and a few others) figure this out.

Z-man

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

After a couple combinations of the HTML Code button and making sure the editor button was turned on, it works! :happy feet:

Now to post my new signature pics out to PhotoBucket so that I can link in thier URL codes.

Thank you VERY much Robet for helping me (and a few others) figure this out.

Z-man

I'll post a tutorial on this since it seems to happen often.

Archived